Warm up your abs and lower back with this bodyweight at home core warm up routine. Get your heart pumping and prepare your core for a strengthening workout. Start the timer, play the music and have fun!
CORE WARM UP ROUTINE
CORE WARM UP ROUTINE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Run in place: 60 seconds. Warm up the body and get your heart pumping with this great cardiovascular move.
2. Butt kicks: 60 seconds. Kick your feet as high as possible, until your heels touch the glutes.
3. Jumping jacks: 60 seconds. This exercise helps to boost your metabolism and increases muscle endurance.
4. Mountain climbers: 60 seconds. Keep your body in a plank position, with your core engaged and your hips low.
5. High kicks: 60 seconds. Alternate legs until the set is complete and keep the movement fast and smooth.
6. Lunge twist: 60 seconds. Twist your torso to the same side as your front leg.
7. Side to side squats: 60 seconds. Squat, take a small step to the side, and squat again.
8. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Keep your legs straight, walk your hands out as far as you can, and then walk back up to the starting position.
9. Bent over twist: 60 seconds. Bend and rotate your torso, touching each foot with the opposite hand.
10. Hip circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. This exercise strengthens the core, helps to loosen the lower back muscles and trims the waist.
WORKOUT AND STATIC STRETCHES
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this core warm up routine: