Warm up your abs and lower back with this at-home bodyweight core warm up routine. Get your heart pumping and prepare your core for a strengthening workout. Start the timer, play the music, and have fun!
At-Home Core Warm Up Routine
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: no equipment
At-Home Core Warm Up Routine Instructions
1. Run in place: 60 seconds. Warm up the body and get your heart pumping with this great cardiovascular move.
2. Butt kicks: 60 seconds. Kick your feet as high as possible, until your heels touch the glutes.
3. Jumping jacks: 60 seconds. This exercise helps to boost your metabolism and increases muscle endurance.
4. Mountain climbers: 60 seconds. Keep your body in a plank position, with your core engaged and your hips low.
5. High kicks: 60 seconds. Alternate legs until the set is complete and keep the movement fast and smooth.
From the Shop
6. Lunge twist: 60 seconds. Twist your torso to the same side as your front leg.
7. Side to side squats: 60 seconds. Squat, take a small step to the side, and squat again.
8. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Keep your legs straight, walk your hands out as far as you can, and then walk back up to the starting position.
9. Bent over twist: 60 seconds. Bend and rotate your torso, touching each foot with the opposite hand.
10. Hip circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. This exercise strengthens the core, helps to loosen the lower back muscles and trims the waist.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this at-home core warm up routine:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you …
Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow. Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself …