Work your abs, obliques and lower back with this bodyweight core and cardio workout. Improve your aerobic fitness at home, boost your metabolism and get a more toned, sculpted and slim belly!
CORE AND CARDIO WORKOUT
CORE AND CARDIO WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start your core and cardio workout with a set of warm up exercises.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend at the waist and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up and repeat.
2. Side plank hip lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your shoulder over your elbow and your body in a straight line. Bring your hip down, without letting it touch the floor, and then bring it back up to the initial position. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
3. Standing side crunches: 60 seconds. Stand up, shift your weight to the left leg, bring your right knee up toward your elbow and crunch. Switch legs and repeat.
4. Russian twist: 60 seconds. Sit down with your knees bent, keep your back straight, your core tight and twist only your upper torso.
5. Spiderman plank: 45 seconds. Start in a low plank position and bring your right knee to your right elbow. Extend your right leg back and repeat with the left leg.
6. Donkey kick twist: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start on your hands and knees, and place your right hand behind your head. Extend your left leg to the back and rotate your torso to the right. Bend your left leg, bring your right elbow toward your left knee, and crunch. Repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
7. Windshield wipers: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your arms straight out to the sides, lift your legs and bend the knees at a 90-degree angle. Rotate the hips to one side, without letting the legs touch the floor, and then rotate the hips to the opposite side.
8. Crunch chop: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with the arms extended above your head, clasp your hands and raise the legs toward the ceiling. Lift your shoulders, open the legs and chop your hands through your legs. Return to the initial position and repeat for 45 seconds.
9. Crab kicks: 60 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent, feet together and place your hands behind you with your fingers facing backward. Lift your hips off the mat and kick your right leg up. Switch legs and keep alternating sides for 60 seconds.
10. Plank shoulder taps: 45 seconds. Start in a plank position, touch your left shoulder with your right hand and return to plank position. Touch your right shoulder with your left hand and continue alternating sides for 45 seconds.
Relax your body and stretch your muscles with a set of stretching exercises.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this core and cardio workout: