There is no better look than toned and defined arms, back and shoulders for a bride and these 10 exercises will help you sculpt your upper body as you prepare for summer or your big day! Combine this bicep workout with our triceps routine for sexy, lean and defined arms!
LEAN AND DEFINED ARMS WORKOUT
BICEP WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this bicep workout with an upper body routine to warm up the arms.
Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Bicep curls: 45 seconds. Stand holding a dumbbell in each hand and with your arms by your sides. Squeeze the biceps to lift the dumbbells and once the dumbbells are at shoulder level, slowly lower the arms back to the starting position. Repeat for 45 seconds.
2. Hammer curls: 45 seconds. Hold the weights with your palms facing the thighs. Bend your elbows and bring the weights up, until the dumbbells are at shoulder level. Pause and then lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
3. Side lunge curl: 45 seconds. Step out to the side with your left leg, lunge and extend your arms down. Use your right foot to push you back to the starting position, squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells. Step out to the side with your right leg and repeat. Keep alternating legs for 45 seconds.
4. V sit curl press: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat and raise your legs at a 45-degree angle. Squeeze the biceps, lift the dumbbells and curl. Rotate your palms to the front, push the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms. Lower your arms back to the initial position and repeat.
5. Concentration curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit on a bench holding a dumbbell in your left hand, and rest your elbow on the inside of your left thigh. Squeeze the left biceps and bring the dumbbell toward your chest. Lower the left arm to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch arms.
6. Tabletop reverse pike: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent, your arms extended back, your fingers facing the body, and your feet hip-width apart. Lift your hips off the mat, coming into a tabletop position. Lower your hips, straighten the legs and lengthen the spine. Return to the tabletop position and repeat.
7. Standing cross chest curl: 45 seconds. Stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Squeeze the left biceps and bring the dumbbell across your body and toward your right shoulder. Lower the dumbbell to the starting position, switch arms and repeat.
8. Up and down plank: 45 seconds. Start in a plank position, bend your left arm, place your left elbow on the mat and then bend your right arm and place your right elbow on the mat. Place your left hand on the mat, straighten your left arm and then place your right hand on the mat and straighten your right arm. Switch sides and repeat this up and down movement for 45 seconds.
9. Squat curl: 45 seconds. Stand holding a dumbbell in each hand. Bend your knees, press your hips back, squeeze the biceps and curl. Press your heels into the floor to return to the initial position, and slowly lower the arms.
10. Lunge punch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing each other. Take a step back with your left leg, lunge and push your left arm out in a punching motion. Stand back up, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
Finish this bicep workout with a quick stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this bicep workout:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.