This Beginner-Friendly Better Posture Workout is designed to help you improve body alignment, performance, and make you look taller, longer, and leaner.
When your body’s muscles, ligaments, and joints are balanced, aligned, and supported, you’re better able to do the exercises with proper form and you’ll also be less prone to injuries. Just by having good posture, you’ll immediately look younger, more confident, and slimmer.
Beginner-Friendly Better Posture Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
Beginner-Friendly Better Posture Workout Instructions
1. Arm circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Raise and extend your arms to the sides without bending the elbows. Slowly rotate your arms forward, making small circles for 30 seconds, and then switch, rotating backward.
2. Dumbbell bent over row: 45 seconds. Grab a set of dumbbells, bend your torso forward and keep your knees slightly bent. Pull the dumbbells toward your waistline, while squeezing your shoulder blades. Slowly lower the weights to the starting position and repeat.
3. Chest fly: 60 seconds. Lie down on your back with your arms up and the palms of your hands facing each other. With your elbows slightly bent, lower your arms out to sides until you feel a stretch in your chest muscles. Return to the starting position and repeat for 60 seconds.
4. Bird dogs: 60 seconds. Start on your hands and knees, and extend one leg and the opposite arm at the same time. Pause for 3 to 5 seconds, return to the starting position, switch sides and repeat.
From the Shop
5. Dumbbell shoulder press: 45 seconds. Stand up and hold a dumbbell in each hand. With your palms facing forward and your elbows under your wrists, position the dumbbells at your shoulders. Push the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms. Lower the dumbbells back down to your shoulders and repeat the movement for 45 seconds.
6. Dumbbell pullover: 60 seconds. Lie down on your back with your knees bent, press your arms up and keep your hands together with the palms facing each other. Lower the dumbbells over and beyond your head until your upper arms are in line with your torso. Pull the dumbbells up and over your chest and repeat.
7. Bent over lateral raise: 45 seconds. Stand up and bend your torso, until your chest is nearly parallel to the floor. Raise your arms out to the sides as you lift the dumbbells. Once both arms are parallel to the floor, pause, and then slowly lower them to the starting position. Repeat for 45 seconds.
8. T press: 45 seconds. Lie on your belly with your legs fully extended and your arms forming a T shape with your body. Engage your back muscles to lift your torso and arms off the mat. Bring the arms to the sides, squeeze the shoulder blades and pause. Return to the initial position and repeat.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this beginner-friendly better posture workout:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you …
Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow. Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself …