Need a quick warm up to prepare your whole body for strength training? Look no further! These are the best warm up exercises for improving your flexibility and reducing the risk of injury.
The Best Full Body Warm Up Exercises
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: jump rope
The Best Full Body Warm Up Exercises Instructions
1. Run in place: 90 seconds. Start your warm up routine with running or jogging in place to boost your heart rate.
2. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Keep your knees slightly bent and jump on the balls of your feet.
3. Standing mountain climbers: 60 seconds. Bring one knee up to waist level and extend the opposite arm above your head. Alternate sides and repeat for the duration of the set.
4. Jumping jacks: 30 seconds. Keep the movement in your shoulders and hips and engage your core muscles and your glutes.
5. Fingertip to toe jacks: 60 seconds. Open your chest, keep your back straight and try touching your foot with the opposite hand. Keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
From the Shop
6. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Bend at the waist and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up and repeat.
7. Squat side kick: 60 seconds. Squat and, as you stand up, switch your weight to the left leg and lift your right leg out to the side. Return to the squat position and repeat with the left leg.
8. Curtsy lunge: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it behind your right leg. Bend your knees, until your right thigh is parallel to the floor and then return to the starting position. Repeat on the opposite side.
9. Arm swings: 60 seconds. Stand with your knees slightly bent, your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms stretched horizontally to the sides. Cross your arms at the front and then quickly bring them back as far as you can.
10. Knee circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Maintain your knees and feet together and stay within a comfortable range of motion.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this full body warm up:
Belly Fat Burner Workout
Flatten your abs and blast calories with these 10 moves! A belly fat burner workout to tone up your tummy, strengthen your core, and …
Lower Body Workouts
Brazilian Butt Workout
Want to know the secret to a perfect booty? Try this Brazilian butt workout to shape, lift and firm your booty fast! A 30-minute at-home exercise routine to tone …
Upper Body Workouts
30-Minute Upper Body Workout
Look your best and get your arms, shoulders, back, and chest in tip-top shape with this 30-minute upper body workout. This strength …
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.