Challenge your midsection with this beginner ab workout for women. A complete core and cardio routine designed to trim and sculpt your abs, obliques, and lower back.
BEGINNER AB WORKOUT FOR WOMEN
BEGINNER AB WORKOUT FOR WOMEN INSTRUCTIONS
Start this beginner ab workout with a 10 minute core warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Run in place: 60 seconds. Stand straight, open your chest, pull your knees up and slowly land on the balls of your feet.
2. Crunches: 30 seconds. Lie down with your knees bent and your back and feet flat on the floor. Lift your shoulders and squeeze your abdominal muscles.
3. Reverse crunches: 30 seconds. Lift your knees until your thighs and calves form a 90-degree angle, and your calves are parallel to the floor. Lift your hips and bring your knees toward the chest.
4. Standing side crunch: 60 seconds. Stand with your knees slightly bent, your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head. Shift your weight to the left leg, crunch to the right side and bring your right knee up toward your elbow. Switch sides and repeat.
5. Side shuffle: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet a little wider than hip-width apart, bend your hips and knees back and point your toes forward. Take a few quick steps to the right and touch your right foot with your right hand. Repeat on the left side.
6. Bird dogs: 30 seconds. Start on your hands and knees with the hands under the shoulders and the knees under the hips. Extend one leg and the opposite arm at the same time and pause. Switch sides and repeat.
7. Bicycle crunches: 30 seconds. With your hands supporting your head, lift your shoulders off the mat and raise your legs. Bring one knee and the opposing elbow close to each other, by crunching to one side, and fully extend the other leg. Crunch to the opposite side and repeat.
8. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend at the waist and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up and repeat.
9. Back extensions: 30 seconds. Lie face down on a mat, with your legs fully extended and your hands supporting your head. Lift your torso up, with the help of your back muscles, hold for a count of 2 and return to the starting position.
10. Plank: 30 seconds. Get into a push up position, with your elbows under your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart. Bend your elbows, keep your body in a straight line and hold for 30 seconds.
Stretch your abs, obliques and lower back with a core stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this beginner ab workout: