Prepare for a lower body workout with this set of warm up exercises. An at home no equipment aerobic routine, complete with instructions, calories burned, music playlist and interval timer.
LOWER BODY WARM UP EXERCISES
LOWER BODY WARM UP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Run in place: 60 seconds. Stand straight, open your chest and start pulling your knees up.
2. High knees: 60 seconds. Pull your knees up to waist level, keep your core tight, and slowly land on the balls of your feet.
3. Jumping jacks: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet together and your hands by your sides. Jump up, spread your feet and bring both hands together above your head. Jump again and return to the starting position.
4. Butt kicks: 60 seconds. Kick your feet up, until the heels touch the glutes, and pump your arms at the same time.
5. Mountain climbers: 60 seconds. Get down into a plank position, bring one knee up toward the center of your stomach, and then quickly alternate between legs.
6. High kicks: 60 seconds. Keep your core engaged and lift one leg as high as you can in a fast-paced move. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg.
7. Reverse lunge twist: 60 seconds. Take a step back with your right leg, bend both knees and rotate your torso to the left. Return to the starting position and repeat the movement with the left leg.
8. Squat side kick: 60 seconds. Squat and, as you stand up, switch your weight to the left leg and lift your right leg out to the side. Return to the squat position and repeat with the left leg.
9. Forward leg swings: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up straight and hold onto a wall. Swing one leg forward and backward in a single smooth movement. Switch legs and repeat.
10. Lateral leg swings: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Swing your leg across your body from left to right. Switch legs and swing from right to left.
WORKOUT AND STATIC STRETCHES
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing these lower body warm up exercises: