Upgrade your workout routine with these 10 leg exercises for women. Work your thighs, hips, quads, hamstrings, and calves at home to build shapely legs and get the lean and strong lower body you’ve always wanted!
AT HOME LEG EXERCISES FOR WOMEN
LEAN AND STRONG LOWER BODY WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this lower body workout routine with a set of dynamic warm up exercises.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. High knees: 60 seconds. Bring your knees up to waist level and then slowly land on the balls of your feet.
2. Curtsy lunge: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Keep your weight on your right foot, take a big step back with your left leg and cross it behind your right leg. Bend the knees until your right thigh is parallel to the floor and then return to the starting position. Keep your toes pointing in the same direction as your knees.
3. Inner thigh lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your side, cross your top leg over and lengthen your bottom leg. Flex your bottom foot and press that leg up and down for 30 seconds.
4. Squat jacks: 45 seconds. Jump up, spread your feet, bend your knees and press your hips back. Push through the heels to jump back up and return to the starting position.
5. Bear squat: 45 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, straighten your legs and lift your hips up toward the ceiling. Return to the initial position and repeat.
6. Bulgarian split squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a step or a box behind you and stand up tall. Place your right foot on top of the step, bend your knees and lower the hips until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and switch legs.
7. Skaters: 45 seconds. Lean forward with your back flat, jump to the right, bring your left foot behind you and bring your left arm in front of you. Jump to the left and bring your right arm in front of you and your right foot behind you. Repeat for 45 seconds.
8. Plie squat calf raise: 45 seconds. Start in a sumo squat position, with your feet in a wide stance, your toes pointing out to the sides and your thighs parallel to the floor. Raise your heels off the floor and squeeze your calves. Lower your heels and repeat.
9. Single leg bridge: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back with your arms by your sides, knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Raise one leg and lift your hips as high as you can. Lower your hips, repeat for 30 seconds and switch legs.
10. Wall sit: 45 seconds. Stand with your back pressed against a wall, your knees bent and your thighs parallel to the floor. Hold this position for 45 seconds.
Stretch your thighs, hips, glutes and legs with this lower body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing these leg exercises for women: