The holiday season is the toughest time of the year to stay on track. If you can’t skip the high-piled holiday plates, simply commit to burning off all those additional calories with this high-intensity workout routine!
AT HOME HIGH INTENSITY WORKOUT ROUTINE
AT HOME HIGH INTENSITY ROUTINE INSTRUCTIONS
Start this high intensity workout routine with a 10 minute full body warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Reverse lunge shoulder press: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and position the dumbbells at your shoulders. Take a step back with your right leg and lunge. As you stand back up, push the dumbbells up and lift your right knee to waist level. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
2. Cross jacks: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms up and extended out to the sides. Jump up and cross your legs and arms in front of you.
3. Wall crunches: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your glutes as close to a wall as comfortable, place your hands behind your head and extend your legs up the wall. Lift your shoulders, squeeze your abs and hold for 1 to 2 seconds. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
4. Speed bag punches: 45 seconds. Raise your elbows up to shoulder level, shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Switch sides and repeat.
5. Side lunge front raise: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Step out to the side with your right leg, lunge and lift the dumbbells until your arms are slightly above parallel to the floor. Use your left foot to push you back to the starting position and slowly lower the arms. Step out to the side with your left leg and repeat.
6. Basketball shots: 45 seconds. Bend your knees, press your hips back and take both hands close to your right foot. Jump up and extend your arms above your head and to the left. Switch sides and repeat. Keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
7. Side plank hip abduction: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a modified side plank position, with your top leg extended and your bottom leg bent back with the knee on the mat. Lift your top leg as high as possible and then lower it back down. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
8. Side plank front kick: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, lift your top leg at hip height and slowly kick it to the front without moving your upper body. Bring your leg back and repeat.
9. Kick crunch: 60 seconds. Stand up, lift your left leg as high as you can and touch your left foot with your right hand. Return to the initial position and repeat on the opposite side. Continue alternating sides, in a fast-paced move, for 60 seconds.
10. Hindu push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a downward dog pose, with your hands shoulder-width apart, your body in a V-shape, and your feet hip-width apart. Bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor. Straighten your arms, lift your torso and go into upward dog pose. Lower your torso, lift your hips and return to downward dog pose. Repeat for 45 seconds.
Relax the mind and d-stress with a full body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this high intensity workout routine: