Stretching is an important part of fitness: it boosts circulation, calms the mind, and improves range of motion. Stretching also increases flexibility, which in turn improves athletic performance and decreases the risk of injury.
To reap all the amazing benefits of stretching, add this cool down routine at the end of your workouts and deepen each stretch with every exhalation!
At Home Full Body Cool Down Routine
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: no equipment
At Home Full Body Cool Down Routine Instructions
1. Child’s pose: 30 seconds. Extend your arms as far as you can, keep your knees wide and your toes together.
2. Ab stretch: 30 seconds. Straighten your legs back, keep the pelvis on the mat and slowly lift your torso.
3. Cat cow stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get on your hands and knees, keep your spine relaxed and don’t bounce between positions.
4. Pigeon stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Bring your right knee forward and out to the right side. Slide your left leg back, lower your torso, bend your arms and place your elbows on the floor. Stay in pigeon stretch for 30 seconds, then switch leg positions and repeat.
5. Hip stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit on the floor, bend your left knee and cross your left leg over the right. Place your left hand on the floor and rotate your upper body to the left. Repeat on the opposite side.
From the Shop
6. Butterfly pose: 30 seconds. Bend your knees, press the soles of your feet together and drop your knees out to the sides.
7. Standing forward bend: 30 seconds. Stand up, keep your knees straight and rotate your hips as you bend forward. Grab the back of your ankles and hold for 30 seconds.
8. Standing neck stretch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lift your torso, grab your left wrist with your right hand and bring it toward your right hip. Bend your torso to the right and gently drop your right ear toward your right shoulder. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds, reverse sides and repeat.
9. Wall shoulder stretch: 30 seconds. Place both hands on a nearby wall and walk your feet back until your arms are straight and form a 90-degree angle with your body. Start bending from the hips until you feel the stretch in your shoulders and hold for 30 seconds.
10. Upper back stretch: 30 seconds. Clasp your hands together, with the thumbs pointing down, round your shoulders and reach forward.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this full body cool down routine:
Luckily, there are lots of non-surgical, natural alternatives to a tummy tuck, and these six exercises will help you burn fat, build muscle, and …
10 minutes is all you need to burn fat and get tight, toned, gorgeous thighs! This Inner & Outer Thigh Quick Burn includes 6 of the best lower body …