Maximize your performance and enhance your flexibility at home with this dynamic core warm up routine. Add this 10-minute circuit at the beginning of your core workouts to prepare your midsection for intense training.
At Home Core Warm Up Routine
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: jump rope
At Home Core Warm Up Routine Instructions
1. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Keep your knees slightly bent and jump on the balls of your feet.
2. Cross jacks: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your arms up and extended out to the sides, and jump up, while crossing your legs and arms in front of you.
3. Standing side crunch: 60 seconds. Shift your weight to the right leg, crunch to the left side and bring your left knee up and toward your elbow. Switch legs and repeat.
4. Mountain climbers: 60 seconds. Get down into a plank position, bring one knee up toward the center of your stomach and then quickly alternate between legs.
5. Scissor skier: 60 seconds. Jump up, bring your right leg forward, your left leg back, reach your left arm up and your right arm back. Jump again and switch sides.
From the Shop
6. Criss cross crunches: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head. Bend your right leg and lift your knee as high as you can. Rotate your torso to the right and bring your right knee to your left elbow. Repeat on the opposite side, and keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
7. Reverse lunge high kick: 60 seconds. Step back with your left leg and lunge. As you come up kick your left leg up. Repeat with the opposite leg and keep alternating sides.
8. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Keep your legs straight, walk your hands out as far as you can, and then walk back up to the starting position.
9. Hip circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with small circles and keep your hips level with the floor.
10. Bent over twist: 60 seconds. Bend and rotate your torso, touching each foot with the opposite hand.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this core warm up routine:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …