This low-intensity abs & core Pilates workout is designed to strengthen the core, slim the waist, sculpt the abs and improve your posture through a series of classic Pilates moves that will leave you looking sexy and toned from any angle!
Pilates is a form of exercise that concentrates on building strength, flexibility, and lean muscle tone, with an emphasis on lengthening the body and aligning the spine.
15-Minute Abs & Core Pilates Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: no equipment
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
Abs & Core Pilates Workout Instructions
1. Pilates hundred: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent and your legs parallel to the floor, lift your shoulders off the mat and extend your arms and legs. Inhale for a count of 5, then exhale for a count of 5 while simultaneously pumping your arms up and down. Repeat for 60 seconds.
2. Roll up: 6 seconds. Lie with your legs straight and your arms extended. Slowly lift your torso up. Return to the starting position by rolling down one vertebra at a time and repeat.
3. Roll over: 60 seconds. Lie with your arms along your sides, your palms facing down, and lift your legs a few inches off the floor. Roll your legs over your head until your hips are off the mat and your toes make contact with the floor over your head. Roll back onto your spine and return to the starting position. Repeat for 60 seconds.
4. Rolling like a ball: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent. Lift both feet off the floor, clasp your hands over your shins and bend your back and neck slightly into a C shape. Pull your abs in and roll back to the shoulders, then use your abdominal strength to roll back up. Repeat until the set is complete.
From the Shop
5. Single leg stretch: 45 seconds. Lie with both legs extended and arms along the sides with your palms facing down. Pull your abs in, lift both shoulders off the floor and simultaneously bend your right knee. Pull the knee in toward your chest and hold your right ankle with your right hand and your right knee with your left hand. Slowly switch leg and hand positions and keep your extended leg raised a few inches off the floor with the toes pointed. Keep switching leg positions for 45 seconds.
6. Double leg stretch: 45 seconds. Lie with your legs bent, feet off the floor, and grab both knees. Lift the shoulders off the floor, extend your arms toward the ears and simultaneously extend both legs to a 45-degree angle off the floor. Then bend the knees and hug the chins toward your chest. Extend your arms and legs and repeat until the set is complete.
7. Open leg rocker: 45 seconds. Sit with your knees bent. Clasp your hands over your shins and extend your legs into a V-position. Roll back to the shoulder blades, then roll up and open the chest. Repeat this back and forth movement for 45 seconds.
8. Pilates swimming: 60 seconds. Lie on your belly with your arms and legs fully extended. Raise both arms and legs off the mat and lift your head and chest. Flutter your arms and legs and keep alternating sides for the entire duration of the set.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 15-minute abs and core Pilates workout:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …