Ready to get that flat, tight tummy you’ve been dreaming about? To really sculpt your abs you need to train both the superficial and the deep muscle layers of the abdominal wall. Ensure the best results with the help of this quick and effective ab workout and start sculpting a flat stomach stat!
AB WORKOUT FOR TONING YOUR MIDSECTION
AB WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this ab workout with a core warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Crunch chop: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, clasp your hands and raise the legs toward the ceiling. Lift your shoulders, open the legs and chop your hands through your legs. Return to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
2. Mountain climbers: 45 seconds. Start in a push up position with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Bring one knee up toward the center of your stomach and then quickly alternate between legs.
3. Flutter kicks: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, raise your legs and alternate stacking your feet on top of each other.
4. Frog crunches: 45 seconds. While on your back, place your hands behind the ears and lift your legs to a 45-degree angle. Lift your shoulders and bend your knees, bringing them toward your elbows. Lower your torso back to the mat, extend your legs and return to the initial position.
5. Knee to elbow kickback: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a low plank position, bring your right knee close to your right elbow and crunch. Extend your right leg behind you and kick back. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
6. Rope climb crunches: 45 seconds. Sit with your knees slightly bent and lean your torso back. Extend your right arm toward the ceiling and bring your left knee up. Switch sides and keep moving your arms as if you were climbing a rope.
7. Pulse ups: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, lift your legs and place your hands under your tailbone. Lift your hips, hold for 3 seconds and return to the starting position.
8. Knee hugs: 45 seconds. Sit with your knees bent, your hands hugging the knees and lift your feet off the floor. Open your arms, extend your legs to a 45-degree angle and lean back. Return to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
9. Jump start: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on your left leg, bend your left knee, extend your right leg back, and touch your left foot with your right hand. Jump quickly and drive your right knee up. Land softly on your left foot, repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
10. Elbow plank: 45 seconds. Get into a push up position, with your elbows under your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart. Bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearms and on your toes, keeping your body in a straight line. Hold for 45 seconds.
Finish this ab workout with a core stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this ab workout:
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.