A Tabata workout is a short HIIT that increases aerobic and anaerobic capacity, resting metabolic rate, and can help you burn more fat than traditional aerobic workouts. This 5-minute Tabata inspired workout can be done anywhere and without any additional equipment and because it’s only 5 minutes long it’s perfect for helping you make exercise a daily habit and overcome a sedentary lifestyle.
5-MINUTE FAT BURNING TABATA WORKOUT
5-MINUTE TABATA WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Repeat this circuit 2 times, once on each side, and rest for 10 seconds between exercises. Do this 5-minute workout 5 times per day.
1. Lateral step pull: 20 seconds. Start with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, bring both hands above your head and then take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it to the right. Bend the front knee, pull your arms back and return to the starting position. Repeat on the opposite side.
2. Arms cross side lunge: 20 seconds. Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms stretched horizontally to the sides. Step out to the side with your left leg, bend your left knee, push your hips back and cross your arms at the front. Return to the starting position and repeat the movement with the opposite leg.
3. Burpees: 20 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, squat and place your hands in front of the feet. Jump back to plank position, do a push up, jump forward and then push through the heels to return to the starting position.
4. Hip external rotation: 20 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your hands under your head and both legs extended back. Bend your left knee and place your foot on the back of your right knee. Squeeze your left glute and lift the knee a few inches off the floor. Pause for a second and return to the starting position. The second time you do this circuit repeat this exercise on the opposite side.
5. Boat twist: 20 seconds. Sit on a mat with your knees bent, extend your arms out to the sides and lift your feet off the floor. Twist your torso to the right, and then reverse the motion, twisting it to the left.
STRETCH & RELAX
End the day with a relaxing yoga sequence to increase flexibility and soothe sore muscles.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this Tabata workout: