To get a toned belly and a small waist, women need to target all layers of muscles and hit the midsection from different angles. This Tight Core Summer Workout is designed to cinch your waist, strengthen your core and give you a tighter tummy!
TIGHT CORE SUMMER WORKOUT FOR WOMEN
TIGHT CORE WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this tight core workout with a metabolism booster warm up routine.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend at the waist and walk your hands out as far as you can. Walk back up and repeat.
2. Side crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back with the hands supporting your head, bend the knees and rotate your hips to the left. Lift your shoulders off the floor, squeeze the obliques and hold for 1 to 2 seconds. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
3. Dumbbell side bend: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in your right hand. Bend to your right side, as far as it feels comfortable, and pause. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
4. Skaters: 60 seconds. Jump to the right, bring your left foot behind you and bring your left arm in front of you. Jump to the left and bring your right arm in front of you and your right foot behind you.
5. Plank hip dips: 45 seconds. Start in a low plank, rotate your hips to the right and dip your body almost to the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat on the left side.
6. Superman: 45 seconds. Lie on your belly with your arms and legs fully extended. Lift both arms and legs off the floor, and hold for a count of 2.
7. Crunch chop: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with the arms extended above your head, clasp your hands and raise the legs toward the ceiling. Lift your shoulders, open the legs and chop your hands through your legs. Return to the initial position and repeat for 45 seconds.
8. Flutter kicks: 45 seconds. Start on your back, crunch and lift your shoulders off the mat. Lift your legs and alternate stacking your feet on top of each other.
9. Dead bug: 60 seconds. While on your back, extend your arms and legs toward the ceiling. Lower your right leg and extend your left arm behind your head. Switch sides and repeat.
10. Side plank hip lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your shoulder over your elbow and your body in a straight line. Bring your hip down, without letting it touch the floor, and then bring it back up to the starting position.
Finish this tight core summer workout with a set of static stretches.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this tight core workout: