Quickly transform your upper body with this 30-minute fat burning cardio routine for women. An at home dumbbell workout to tone, sculpt and strengthen your biceps, triceps, chest, back, and shoulders.
UPPER BODY DUMBBELL WORKOUT
UPPER BODY DUMBBELL WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start your exercise routine with a 10 minute full body warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Keep your legs straight, walk your hands out as far as you can, and then walk back up to the starting position.
2. Side lunge curl: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, step out to the side with one leg, and curl. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
3. Thrusters: 45 seconds. Hold the dumbbells in front of your shoulders with the palms facing your body. Squat and, as you stand up, extend your arms above your head.
4. Lawnmower pull: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Hold a dumbbell in your left hand, squat, rotate your torso to the right and bring the dumbbell toward your right foot. Stand up, rotate your torso slightly to the left, and raise the dumbbell until it’s close to your left shoulder. Switch sides and repeat.
5. Medicine ball overhead circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, your knees slightly bent and lift a medicine ball up and over your head. Circle the medicine ball around your head and to the left, for 30 seconds. Repeat, circling the medicine ball to the right.
6. Single arm dumbbell snatch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Grab a dumbbell with your right hand, bend your knees, push your hips back and take the dumbbell between your feet. Pull the dumbbell up by extending your hips and knees and, as the dumbbell reaches your shoulder, rotate your hand to the front and punch straight up.
7. Jump rope: 60 seconds. Grab a jump rope, rotate your wrists and jump on the balls of your feet.
8. Reverse lunge shoulder press: 45 seconds. Start with your feet shoulder width apart, position the dumbbells at your shoulders, take a step back with your right leg and lunge. As you stand back up, push the dumbbells up and lift your right knee to waist level. Switch legs and repeat.
9. Squat with overhead triceps extension: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, hold one dumbbell with both hands and raise your arms up and over your head. Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor, and lower the dumbbell to the back. Stand up and repeat for 45 seconds.
10. Hindu push ups: 45 seconds. Start with your hands on the floor, your hips up and your feet hip-width apart. Bend your elbows, lower your chest until it’s just above the floor, and then straighten your arms and lift your torso up. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Relax and stretch your muscles with a full body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this upper body dumbbell workout: