A small waist accentuates an hourglass figure and is seen as feminine and attractive. Unfortunately, you can’t spot-reduce your way to a smaller waist, but this 20-Minute Waist Training Workout is a serious ally to help you shed unhealthy body fat, get a toned belly, and lower your risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
20-Minute Waist Training Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Waist Training Workout Instructions
1. Standing criss cross crunches: 45 seconds. Stand up with your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head. Bend your right leg and lift your knee as high as you can. Rotate your torso to the right and bring your right knee to your left elbow. Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides until set is complete.
2. Bent leg jackknife: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms extended back. Raise your torso and bend your knees simultaneously, and then hug your knees with both hands. Return to the starting position and repeat.
3. Triangle crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Kneel on your left knee, extend your right leg to the side, place your left hand on the floor and place your right hand behind your head. Bring your right knee toward your right elbow and squeeze. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
4. Plank hip dips: 60 seconds. Start in a low plank position, rotate your hips to the right and dip your body almost to the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat on the left side. Keep alternating sides for 60 seconds.
5. Side leg lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your side with your legs fully extended and stacked. Lift both legs, keeping the feet together, and pause for 2 seconds. Lower the legs, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
From the Shop
6. Dumbbell side bend: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up tall, hold a dumbbell in your right hand with your palm facing your hip, and place your left hand behind your head. Bend to your right side, as far as it feels comfortable, and pause. Repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
7. Windshield wipers: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your arms straight out to the sides. Lift your legs and bend the knees at a 90-degree angle. Rotate the hips to one side, without letting the legs touch the floor. Lift your legs and return to the starting position. Rotate the hips to the opposite side and repeat.
8. Oblique v crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your right side with your legs fully extended and your left hand behind your head. Raise both legs and your torso simultaneously, try touching your left knee with your left elbow and squeeze the abs. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
9. Heel touchers: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, keep your knees bent, arms at the sides, and keep your back and feet flat on the mat. Crunch forward and to the left, touching your left heel with your left hand and hold. Return slowly to the starting position and repeat the movement on the right side.
10. Plank: 45 seconds. Get into a push up position, bend your elbows, and rest your weight on your forearms and on your toes. Keep your body in a straight line and hold for 45 seconds.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute waist training workout:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you …
Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow. Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself …