Want to train your upper body but have no workout equipment? No problem, this 20-Minute Upper Body Bodyweight Workout is made for you. It helps you tone and defines your upper body from the comfort of your living room and without a single piece of equipment!
20-Minute Upper Body Bodyweight Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: no equipment
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Upper Body Bodyweight Workout Instructions
1. Big arm circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Raise and extend your arms to the sides, without bending the elbows. Slowly rotate your arms forward, making big circles. Complete a set in one direction and then switch, rotating backward.
2. Double leg donkey kicks: 45 seconds. Start in downward dog pose with your arms and legs straight and your hips up and back. Push off with your toes, kick your legs up and bend the knees. Land on your toes with your knees slightly bent. Repeat for 45 seconds.
3. Half squat jab cross: 60 seconds. Start in an athletic position, with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent and your hips low and back. Bring your arms up, so that the palms of the hands are facing the sides of your face. Push your left arm out in a punching motion and then return to the starting position. Push your right arm out and keep switching sides quickly.
4. Inchworm: 60 seconds. Bend over and touch the floor with the palms of your hands. Walk your hands out, as far as you can while keeping your legs straight, and pause. Walk back up to the starting position and repeat until the set is complete.
5. Speed bag punches: 60 seconds. Stand with your knees slightly bent, raise your elbows to shoulder level, and keep your hands at eye level. Shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Then shift your weight to the left leg and rotate your left forearm twice. Keep switching sides for 60 seconds.
From the Shop
6. Asymmetrical push up: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a push up position with your legs extended back and the hands below the shoulders. Place your left forearm on the mat, with the elbow directly under the shoulder, and start bending your right elbow until your chest is just above the floor. Push back to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
7. Ankle tap push ups: 45 seconds. While in a push up position, start bending your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor. As you push back to the starting position, lift your hips, and touch your left ankle with your right hand. Return to the push up position and repeat on the opposite side. Keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
8. Cobra lat pulldown: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs and your arms fully extended. Raise your upper body, bend your arms and bring your shoulder blades together. Lower your upper body and extend your arms. Repeat for 45 seconds.
9. Butterfly dips: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your feet together, place your hands behind you with your fingers facing forward, bend your knees and let your thighs fall open. Straighten your arms as you press your hips up and bring both knees together. Bend your elbows and lower your body back to the starting position. Repeat until the set is complete.
10. Arm swings: 60 seconds. Stand up straight with your knees slightly bent, your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms stretched horizontally to the sides. Cross your arms at the front and then quickly bring them back as far as you can. Repeat this back and forth movement for 60 seconds.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute upper body bodyweight workout:
Luckily, there are lots of non-surgical, natural alternatives to a tummy tuck, and these six exercises will help you burn fat, build muscle, and …
10 minutes is all you need to burn fat and get tight, toned, gorgeous thighs! This Inner & Outer Thigh Quick Burn includes 6 of the best lower body …