Taking time for yourself to work out is one of the best forms of self-care. And if you’re short on time, this intense 20-Minute Total Body Strength Workout lets you burn calories and build strength while sculpting your total body from the comfort of your own home!
20-Minute Total Body Strength Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Total Body Strength Workout Instructions
1. Lunge punch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing each other. Take a step back with your left leg, flex your knees and push your left arm out in a punching motion. Stand back up, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
2. Spiderman plank: 45 seconds. Start in a low plank position with your body in a straight line and your elbows bent. Bring your right knee to your right elbow, then extend your right leg back to return to the starting position. Repeat on the left side.
3. Squat curl: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Bend your knees, press your hips back, squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells. Press your heels into the floor to return to the initial position, and slowly lower the arms. Repeat for 60 seconds.
4. Heel beats: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended, hands under your chin and raise your legs a few inches off the floor. Beat your heels together until the set is complete.
5. Speed bag punches: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your knees slightly bent, raise your elbows to shoulder level and keep your hands at eye level. Shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Then shift your weight to the left leg and rotate your left forearm twice. Keep switching sides for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
6. Side plank front kick: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your bottom knee bent and on the mat and with your top leg extended. Lift your top leg at hip height and kick it slowly to the front, without moving your upper body. Bring your leg back, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
7. Lunge back kick: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, take a step to the front with your right leg, and lunge. As you come back up, kick your right leg back and squeeze the glutes. Return to the starting position and repeat with the left leg. Keep alternating legs for 60 seconds.
8. Donkey kick twist: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start on your hands and knees, and place your right hand behind your head. Extend your left leg to the back and rotate your torso to the right. Bend your left leg, bring your right elbow toward your left knee, and crunch. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
9. Dumbbell swing: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your toes pointed slightly outward, and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Squat and bring the dumbbell between your legs. Stand up and swing the dumbbell up to about chest height. Return to the squat position and repeat for 45 seconds.
10. Side plank abduction: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a modified side plank position, with your top leg extended and your bottom leg bent back with the knee on the mat. Lift your top leg as high as possible and then lower it back down. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute total body strength workout:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is …
Increase your stamina and endurance with this intense bodyweight fat burner routine for women. A 30-minute full body workout, perfect for burning a ton of …