If you’re someone that likes to let your goals drive your routine, then this challenging 20-Minute Thighs & Abs Workout is exactly what you’re looking for!
Get stronger, more toned thighs and abs and sculpt an hourglass silhouette to perfection by incorporating these 10 exercises into your workout routine.
20-Minute Thighs & Abs Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: dumbbells, box/step, resistance band
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Thighs & Abs Workout Instructions
1. Dumbbell swing: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your toes pointed slightly outward, and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Squat and bring the dumbbell between your legs. Stand up and swing the dumbbell up to about chest height. Return to the squat position and repeat.
2. Bent leg jackknife: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms extended back. Raise your torso and bend your knees simultaneously, and then hug your knees with both hands. Return to the starting position and repeat.
3. Bear squat: 60 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, straighten your legs and lift your hips toward the ceiling. Return to the starting position and repeat for 60 seconds.
4. Bulgarian split squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a step or a box behind you and stand up tall. Position your right foot on top of the step, bend your knees and lower the hips until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
5. Gate swings: 45 seconds. Start in a sumo squat position, with your feet in a wide stance, your toes pointing out to the sides and your thighs parallel to the floor. Jump up, crossing your legs, then jump again, uncrossing them. Bend your knees, press your hips back and return to the starting position. Repeat until the set is complete.
From the Shop
6. Crab toe touches: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent, feet together and place your hands behind you. Lift your hips off the mat, kick your right leg up and touch your right foot with your left hand. Place your right foot on the mat, kick your left leg up and touch your left foot with your right hand. Keep alternating legs for 45 seconds.
7. Band leg abduction crunch: 60 seconds. Lie on the mat, place a resistance band around both legs and raise the legs toward the ceiling. Lift your shoulders, open the legs and chop your hands through your legs. Lower your torso, close the legs, return to the starting position, and repeat.
8. Lunge back kick: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, take a step to the front with your right leg, and lunge. As you come back up, kick your right leg back and squeeze the glutes. Return to the starting position and repeat with the left leg. Keep alternating legs for 60 seconds.
9. Single leg bridge: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back with your arms by your sides, knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Raise one leg and lift your hips as high as you can. Lower your hips, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
10. Inverted v plank: 60 seconds. Start in a low plank position and press down through your shoulders and arms to lift the hips toward the ceiling. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat until the set is complete.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute thighs and abs workout:
Belly Fat Burner Workout
Flatten your abs and blast calories with these 10 moves! A belly fat burner workout to tone up your tummy, strengthen your core, and …
Lower Body Workouts
Brazilian Butt Workout
Want to know the secret to a perfect booty? Try this Brazilian butt workout to shape, lift and firm your booty fast! A 30-minute at-home exercise routine to tone …
Upper Body Workouts
30-Minute Upper Body Workout
Look your best and get your arms, shoulders, back, and chest in tip-top shape with this 30-minute upper body workout. This strength …