It’s upper body day, and this 20-Minute Sexy & Toned Upper Body Workout will help you build unstoppable power and strength! All you need is a pair of dumbbells, these 10 key exercises, and you’ll get your sweat on in 20 minutes without even leaving your living room!
20-Minute Sexy & Toned Upper Body Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Sexy & Toned Upper Body Workout Instructions
1. Balance chop: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand straight with your feet wide and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to the left and raise the dumbbell above your head. Lift your right knee as you rotate your torso to the right, and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your right hip. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
2. Lying triceps extension: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent and a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms and position the dumbbells directly above your shoulders. Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells down until they’re close to your ears. Lift the dumbbells back up and repeat.
3. Dumbbell skier swing: 45 seconds. Stand up, push your hips back and swing the dumbbells behind you. Explosively thrust your hips forward, swing the dumbbells to the front and squeeze your glutes as you come to a full stand. Repeat for 45 seconds.
4. Cross chest curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Squeeze the left biceps and bring the dumbbell across your body and toward your right shoulder. Lower the arm to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
5. Shoulder to shoulder press: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold one dumbbell in front of your right shoulder, with your elbows pointing down. Extend your arms and push the dumbbell up and over your head. Bend your elbows and slowly lower the weight to your left shoulder. Keep alternating shoulders for 60 seconds.
From the Shop
6. Around the worlds: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with a dumbbell in each hand, your arms by your sides and the palms of the hands facing the ceiling. Pull your arms away from the body in a semi-circular movement, and bring the dumbbells over your head. Reverse the movement to return to the starting position and repeat.
7. Side lunge front raise: 45 seconds. Stand up, step out to the side with your right leg, lunge and lift the dumbbells until your arms are slightly above parallel to the floor. Use your left foot to push you back to the starting position and slowly lower the arms. Step out to the side with your left leg and repeat.
8. Dumbbell side swings: 60 seconds. Stand straight and hold the dumbbells in front of your thighs. Pull the left dumbbell toward the chest and raise the right dumbbell out to the side. Lower the dumbbells, reverse the arms and repeat.
9. Core control rear lunge: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with your feet together, hold a dumbbell in your right hand and extend your left arm out to the side. As you step back with your left leg and lunge, extend your right arm up and rotate your palm forward. As you stand up, bend your left leg, lift your knee as high as you can, bring your right elbow to your left knee, and rotate your palm so that it faces your body. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
10. Pike push ups: 45 seconds. Place your hands on the floor, straighten your legs straight and push your hips up. Bend your elbows and bring your head close to the mat. Return to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute sexy and toned upper body workout:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …