You don’t need a gym membership to get some fitness in. This 20-Minute No-Equipment Whole Body Workout will keep you fit even when life gets busy. It’s a quick, effective workout that has the right format to crank up your metabolism, boost fat loss, and build lean muscle.
20-Minute No-Equipment Whole Body Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: no equipment
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute No-Equipment Whole Body Workout Instructions
1. Lateral step pull: 60 seconds. Start with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart and bring both hands above your head. Take a big step back with your left leg, crossing it to the right, bend the front knee and pull your arms back. Return to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
2. Downward dog crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in downward dog pose, bring your right knee close to your right elbow and crunch. Extend your right leg up and to the back. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
3. Side to side hops: 60 seconds. Stand up with your hands by your sides and your feet hip-width apart. Jump with both feet to the right and then to the left, in a quick, repetitive movement.
4. In and out jacks: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet together and hands by your sides. Jump up, spread your feet, bend your knees pressing your hips back, and open your arms. Push through the heels to jump back up and bring both hands together above your head. Repeat for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
6. 180 jump squat: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, your toes pointing slightly outward and sit back. Push through the heels to jump up, spinning to the left 180 degrees. Land on your toes with your knees slightly bent and squat. Quickly jump up, spinning to the right, go back into the squat position and repeat.
7. Bent leg jackknife: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms extended back. Raise your torso and bend your knees simultaneously, and then hug your knees with both hands. Return to the starting position and repeat.
8. Walking lunges: 60 seconds. Stand up with your feet hip-width apart, take a step forward with your right foot and then slowly bend both knees until your back knee is just above the floor. Stand back up, take a step forward with your left foot and bend both knees until your back knee is just above the floor. Repeat this forward movement for 60 seconds.
9. Side plank rotation: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your right shoulder over your elbow, your body in a straight line and reach your left hand toward the ceiling. Twist your torso forward and slowly place your left arm under your body. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
10. Hindu push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a downward dog pose, bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor, going into low plank pose. Straighten your arms, lift your torso and go into upward dog pose. Lower your torso, lift your hips and return to downward dog pose. Repeat until the set is complete.