Want to build a strong core and get a sexy set of abs? Then make sure you do exercises that target your core at least once a week. This 20-Minute No-Equipment Core HIIT Workout is perfect for sculpting a GORG midsection while also burning excess fat to help reveal a toned six-pack!
20-Minute No-Equipment Core HIIT Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: no equipment
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute No-Equipment Core HIIT Workout Instructions
1. Downward dog crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds.Start in downward dog pose with your arms and legs straight and your hips up and back. Bring your right knee close to your right elbow and crunch. Extend your right leg up and to the back. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
2. Side crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back with your hands supporting your head, bend the knees, and rotate your hips to the left. Lift your shoulders off the floor, squeeze the obliques and hold for 1 to 2 seconds. Slowly return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
3. Touch and hop: 45 seconds. Stand on your right leg with your knee slightly bent. Start bending at the hips, extend your left leg behind you, and touch the floor with your left arm. Jump quickly and drive your left knee up. Land on your right foot, switch sides and keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
4. Alternating superman: 60 seconds. Lie on your belly, with your arms and legs fully extended. Lift one arm and the opposite leg off the floor, by arching your back. Hold for a count of 2, return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite arm and leg. Keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
5. Fingertip to toe jacks: 45 seconds. Stand up with your feet hip-width apart and your hands by your sides. Bend your right leg and lift your foot as high as you can. Slightly rotate your torso to the right and try touching your right foot with your left hand. Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
6. Reverse crunches: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your hands by your sides. Lift your knees until your thighs and calves form a 90-degree angle and your calves are parallel to the floor. Lift your hips and bring your knees, as far as you can, toward the chest. Hold, then slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
7. Mountain climbers: 45 seconds. Start with your body in a straight line and your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Keep your toes and balls of the feet touching the floor. Bring one knee up toward the center of your stomach and then quickly alternate between legs. Continue alternating legs for 45 seconds.
8. Rope climb crunches: 45 seconds. Sit on the floor with your knees slightly bent and lean your torso back. Extend your right arm toward the ceiling and bring your left knee up. Switch sides, moving your arms as if you were climbing a rope, and repeat. Keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
9. Side plank rotation: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, with your right shoulder over your elbow, your body in a straight line, and reach your left hand toward the ceiling. Twist your torso forward and slowly place your left arm under your body. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
10. Windshield wipers: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your arms straight out to the sides. Lift your legs and bend the knees at a 90-degree angle. Rotate the hips to one side, without letting the legs touch the floor. Lift your legs and return to the starting position. Rotate the hips to the opposite side and repeat until set is complete.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute no-equipment core HIIT workout:
Move quickly from one exercise to the next while performing this 15-Minute Abs & Obliques Superset. Supersets help you finish your …
Practicing yoga and meditation regularly reduces stress and anxiety levels. By transferring our focus and attention to our body and our breath …