Even if you only have twenty minutes, you can still fit in a killer ab workout. This 20-Minute Muffin Top Shredder Workout targets the obliques to tone the muffin top and works your waist muscles from all angles. We also mixed in a few cardio moves to get your heart rate up and help get rid of the extra belly fat!
20-Minute Muffin Top Shredder Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
Muffin Top Shredder Workout Instructions
1. Run in place: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and face forward, opening up your chest. Start pulling your knees up, and slowly land on the balls of your feet. Run for 60 seconds.
2. Bicycle crunches: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, lift your shoulders off the mat and raise both legs. Bring one knee and the opposing elbow close to each other by crunching to one side, and fully extend the other leg. Return to the starting position and then crunch to the opposite side. Repeat until the set is complete.
3. Dead bug: 45 seconds. While on your back, extend your arms and legs toward the ceiling. Lower your right leg and extend your left arm behind your head. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite arm and leg. Keep switching sides for 45 seconds.
4. Criss cross crunches: 60 seconds. Stand up with your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head. Bend your right leg and lift your knee as high as you can. Rotate your torso to the right and bring your right knee to your left elbow. Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides until set is complete.
5. Side plank hip lifts: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a side plank position, bring your hip down, without letting it touch the floor, and then bring it back up to the side plank position. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
From the Shop
6. Alternating superman: 45 seconds. Lie on your belly, with your arms and legs fully extended. Lift one arm and the opposite leg off the floor, by arching your back. Hold for a count of 2, return to the starting position, and repeat with the opposite arm and leg.
7. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend over and place the palms of your hands on the floor. Walk your hands out, as far as you can while keeping your legs straight, and pause. Walk back up to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
8. Dumbbell side bend: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Hold a dumbbell in your right hand with your palm facing your hip and place your left hand behind your head. Bend to your right side, as far as it feels comfortable, and pause. Repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
9. Russian twist: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your legs bent at the knees. Elevate your upper body so that it creates a V shape with your thighs. Twist your torso to the right, and then reverse the motion, twisting it to the left. Keep twisting your torso until the set is complete.
10. Plank hip dips: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a low plank position, rotate your hips to the right and dip your body almost to the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat on the left side. Keep alternating sides for 30 seconds.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute muffin top shredder workout:
Belly Fat Burner Workout
Flatten your abs and blast calories with these 10 moves! A belly fat burner workout to tone up your tummy, strengthen your core, and …
Lower Body Workouts
Brazilian Butt Workout
Want to know the secret to a perfect booty? Try this Brazilian butt workout to shape, lift and firm your booty fast! A 30-minute at-home exercise routine to tone …
Upper Body Workouts
30-Minute Upper Body Workout
Look your best and get your arms, shoulders, back, and chest in tip-top shape with this 30-minute upper body workout. This strength …