The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism Boosting Workout is designed to help you do just that. It increases performance, boosts the number of calories burned after your workout is completed, and sets you up for a speedier metabolism!
20-Minute Metabolism Boosting Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Metabolism Boosting Workout Instructions
1. Cross jacks: 60 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms up and extended out to the sides. Jump up and cross your left leg in front of the right, and your left arm on top of the right. Jump again, return to the starting position and repeat.
2. Lunge punch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing each other. Take a step back with your left leg, flex your knees and push your left arm out in a punching motion. Stand back up, switch legs and repeat.
3. Curtsy lunge side kick raise: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in your right hand. Take a big step back with your left leg, cross it behind your right leg, and lunge. As you stand up, kick your left leg out to the side and raise the dumbbell to shoulder height. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
4. Dumbbell swing: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your toes pointed slightly outward, and hold the dumbbell with both hands. Squat and bring the dumbbell between your legs. Stand up and swing the dumbbell up to about chest height. Return to the squat position and repeat for 45 seconds.
5. Chest press legs extended: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, holding a dumbbell in each hand, and raise your legs to a 45 degree angle. Push the dumbbells up toward the ceiling, with your palms facing your feet and your arms directly above your shoulders. Bend your elbows, lower your arms and repeat the movement.
From the Shop
6. Deadlift upright row: 60 seconds. Stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a set of dumbbells in front of your thighs. Push your hips back and lower the dumbbells until your torso is parallel to the floor. Stand up and pull the dumbbells toward your chest, keeping your arms a little wider than shoulder-width apart. Repeat until the set is complete.
7. Reverse lunge shoulder press: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing forward and your elbows under your wrists. Take a step back with your left leg and flex your knees until the back knee is just above the floor. Stand back up, lift your left knee and push the dumbbells up. Repeat this movement for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
8. Side lunge curl: 60 seconds. Step out to the side with your left leg, lunge and extend your arms down. Use your right foot to push you back to the starting position, squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells. Step out to the side with your right leg and repeat. Keep alternating legs for 60 seconds.
9. Dumbbell thrusters: 45 seconds. Hold the dumbbells in front of your shoulders and squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Stand up and extend your arms over your head. Bend your arms, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise.
10. Plank rotation: 45 seconds. Get into a plank position with a dumbbell in each hand. Twist your torso and lift your left hand toward the ceiling. Bring your left hand back to the initial position and repeat on the right side.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute metabolism boosting workout:
Belly Fat Burner Workout
Flatten your abs and blast calories with these 10 moves! A belly fat burner workout to tone up your tummy, strengthen your core, and …
Lower Body Workouts
Brazilian Butt Workout
Want to know the secret to a perfect booty? Try this Brazilian butt workout to shape, lift and firm your booty fast! A 30-minute at-home exercise routine to tone …
Upper Body Workouts
30-Minute Upper Body Workout
Look your best and get your arms, shoulders, back, and chest in tip-top shape with this 30-minute upper body workout. This strength …