This 20-Minute Lower Body Burst Circuit requires you to exercise close to your maximum heart rate for 45-60 seconds, followed by 45-60 seconds of lower intensity exercising.
This type of training combines short, high-intensity bursts of exercise with slow recovery phases, which boosts your metabolism and helps you burn more body fat.
20-Minute Lower Body Burst Circuit
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Lower Body Burst Circuit Instructions
1. 180 jump squat: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, your toes pointing slightly outward and sit back. Push through the heels to jump up, spinning to the left 180 degrees. Land on your toes with your knees slightly bent and squat. Quickly jump up, spinning to the right, and go back into the squat position. Repeat for 45 seconds.
2. Single leg deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on one leg with your knee slightly bent and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Start bending at the hips and extend your free leg behind you. Lower your torso until you’re parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
3. Crab toe touches: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent, feet together and place your hands behind you. Lift your hips off the mat, kick your right leg up and touch your right foot with your left hand. Place your right foot on the mat, kick your left leg up and touch your left foot with your right hand. Keep alternating legs for 45 seconds.
4. Advanced bridge: 60 seconds. Lift your butt off the mat, coming into a tabletop position. Lower your hips, return to the starting position and repeat.
5. Flutter kick squats: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and with one foot forward and the other foot behind you. Jump to switch leg positions, then jump again landing with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart, and squat. Jump to return to the starting position and repeat.
From the Shop
6. Sumo squat: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet in a wide stance and with your toes pointing out to the sides. Lower yourself by bending your knees and pressing your hips back. Once your thighs are parallel to the floor, come back up and repeat.
7. Dumbbell swing: 45 seconds. Hold a dumbbell with both hands, squat and bring the dumbbell between your legs. Stand up and swing the dumbbell up to about chest height. Return to the squat position and repeat for 45 seconds.
8. Hamstring curls: 60 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended, chest up and your hands under your chest. Bend your knees, curl your legs up and squeeze the glutes. Lower and straighten the legs and repeat for 60 seconds.
9. Jump start: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on your left leg, bend your knee, extend your right leg back, and touch your left foot with your right hand. Jump quickly and drive your right knee up. Land softly on your left foot, repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
10. Wall sit: 45 seconds. Start in a squat position, with your thighs parallel to the floor and your back against a wall. Hold this position for 45 seconds.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute lower body burst circuit:
Move quickly from one exercise to the next while performing this 15-Minute Abs & Obliques Superset. Supersets help you finish your …
Practicing yoga and meditation regularly reduces stress and anxiety levels. By transferring our focus and attention to our body and our breath …