If you have no training equipment and no access to a regular gym, all you need is this 20-Minute Full Body At-Home Workout and the right attitude to keep your fitness routine on track!
And if you think you have no time to exercise because your days are jam-packed, remember that just 30 minutes of exercise a day can help you maintain muscle mass, avoid back pain, and lower the risk of heart problems.
20-Minute Full Body At-Home Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: no equipment
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Full Body At-Home Workout Instructions
1. Asymmetrical push up: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a push up position, place your left forearm on the mat, and start bending your right elbow until your chest is just above the floor. Push back to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
2. Donkey kick twist: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start on your hands and knees, and place your right hand behind your head. Extend your left leg to the back and rotate your torso to the right. Bend your left leg, bring your right elbow toward your left knee, and crunch. Repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
3. Single leg squat kickback: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up, transfer your weight to your right leg and lift your left foot off the floor. Bend your right knee, lower your hips back and squat. Stand up, then kick your left leg back. Lower your left foot to a few inches off the floor and repeat for 30 seconds. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg.
4. Side lunge to leg lift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Step out to the side with your right leg, bend your right knee and push your hips back. As you stand back up, switch your weight to the left leg and lift your right leg out to the side. Return to the lunge position, repeat, then switch leg positions.
5. Ski abs: 45 seconds. Start in a plank position, bend your knees, and jump, bringing both feet to the front and slightly to the left side. Jump again to return to the starting position and then repeat on the right side. Keep alternating sides for 60 seconds.
From the Shop
6. Plank leg extension pulses: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. While in plank position, extend your left leg back and lift it as high as you can. Lower the leg a few inches and start pulsing it up and down. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
7. Surfer burpees: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Squat and place both hands in front of you. Jump back until your legs are fully extended, do a push up and then jump to your left side. Jump back into plank position, and then repeat on the right side. Keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
8. Reverse plank leg raises: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your legs extended and place your hands behind you with the fingers facing your body. Kick your right leg up and, as you lower it back down, lift your hips and squeeze the glutes. Repeat with the opposite leg and keep alternating sides for the entire duration of the set.
9. Glute bridge overhead reach: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees and your arms bent, and place your feet flat on the floor. Lift your hips, squeeze the glutes and reach your left arm up and across the body. Try touching the floor just above your right shoulder. Return to the initial position and repeat on the opposite side.
10. In and out jacks: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet together and hands by your sides. Jump up, spread your feet, bend your knees pressing your hips back, and open your arms. Push through the heels to jump back up and bring both hands together above your head. Repeat for 60 seconds.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute full body at-home workout:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …