Twist, press, and crunch your way to a lean, toned waist with this 20-Minute Core & Back Workout. Burn extra fat and get a tighter midsection all the way around with these 10 exercises that target the abs, obliques, upper, middle, and lower back muscles.
20-Minute Core & Back Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Core & Back Workout Instructions
1. Mountain climber twist: 60 seconds. Start with your body in plank position, bring your left knee up toward the right elbow and then quickly alternate legs.
2. T press: 45 seconds. Lie on your belly with your legs fully extended and your arms forming a T shape with your body. Engage your back muscles to lift your torso and arms off the mat. Bring the arms to the sides, squeeze the shoulder blades and pause. Return to the initial position and repeat.
3. Dumbbell leg loop: 60 seconds. Sit on the floor with your legs fully extended, hold a dumbbell on your right hand, lean your torso back, and lift your legs a few inches off the floor. Drive your right knee up toward the chest, and loop the dumbbell under the right knee and to the left hand. Switch legs and repeat.
4. Donkey kick twist: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start on your hands and knees and place your right hand behind your head. Extend your left leg to the back and rotate your torso to the right. Bend your left leg, bring your right elbow toward your left knee, and crunch. Repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
5. Boat twist: 60 seconds. Sit down on a mat with your knees bent, extend your arms out to the sides and lift your feet off the floor. Twist your torso to the right, and then reverse the motion, twisting it to the left.
From the Shop
6. Pilates swimming: 45 seconds. Lie on your belly with your arms and legs fully extended. Raise both arms and legs off the mat and lift your head and chest. Flutter your arms and legs and keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
7. V sit bicycles: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your legs slightly bent. Raise your upper body so that it creates a V shape with your thighs. Twist your torso to the right, bring your right knee close to your left elbow and fully extend the left leg. Return to the starting position and then crunch to the opposite side.
8. Dead bug: 60 seconds. Lie on your back and extend your arms and legs toward the ceiling. Lower your right leg and extend your left arm behind your head. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite arm and leg.
9. Reverse crunch twist: 60 seconds. While on your back, place your hands by your sides and your legs extended. Raise your legs and lift your hips, twisting them slightly to the left. Slowly lower the legs without letting them touch the floor and then repeat on the right side. Keep alternating sides for 60 seconds.
10. Superman twist: 60 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended, arms bent and hands behind the ears. Lift and twist your upper torso to the side and pause for 2 seconds. Return to the starting position and repeat, twisting your torso to the opposite side.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute core and back workout:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is …
Increase your stamina and endurance with this intense bodyweight fat burner routine for women. A 30-minute full body workout, perfect for burning a ton of …