Are you struggling with your thighs? It’s a problem area for many women, but you can do something about it. This 20-Minute At-Home Thigh Toning Circuit is a short but intense workout, and even though it only takes a few minutes to complete, it’s incredibly effective!
20-Minute At-Home Thigh Toning Circuit
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: no equipment
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
At-Home Thigh Toning Circuit Instructions
1. Double pulse squat jump: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and the toes pointing slightly outward. Bend your knees, pressing your hips back, and squat until the thighs are parallel with the floor. Lift your hips a few inches up and squat again. Push through the heels to jump straight up. Land with your knees slightly bent and go back into the squat position. Repeat for 60 seconds.
2. Circles in the sky: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back with your legs extended and your hands supporting your head. Raise your shoulders off the floor, lift your right leg to a 90-degree angle, and raise your left leg only a few inches from the ground. Slowly rotate your right leg, making small clockwise circles of about 1 foot in diameter. Complete a set in one direction and then switch, rotating counterclockwise. Lower both legs, switch sides and repeat.
3. Pistol squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up with your feet hip-width apart and lift your left leg in front of you. Start bending your right knee and slowly lower your hips back. Push through the right heel to return to the starting position. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
4. Good mornings: 45 seconds. Stand up and place your hands behind the head. Start bending at the hips, push your hips back and bend over to near parallel. Return to the starting position and repeat.
5. Frog jumps: 45 seconds. Sit back with your feet in a wide stance and with the toes turned out at an angle. Jump forward and up, land on your toes and squat. Jump back and return to the starting position. Repeat this back and forth movement for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
6. Standing open the gate: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and place your hands at the waist. Lift your left knee up to waist level and then move it out to the side. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
7. Walking lunges: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, take a step forward with your right foot and then slowly bend both knees until your back knee is just above the floor. Stand back up, take a step forward with your left foot and bend both knees until your back knee is just above the floor. Repeat this forward movement for 45 seconds.
8. Standing leg circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms to the sides. While keeping the toes pointed, raise one leg at about knee high and start rotating it clockwise. Reverse the motion, rotating counterclockwise, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch legs.
9. Surrender: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, hands behind your head and squat. Kneel first with your left knee and then bring your right knee down to the mat. Lift your left foot up, place it in front of you, and then bring your right foot forward. Push through the heels and return to the squat position. Switch sides and repeat.
10. Pilates grasshopper: 60 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your hands under your chin, your knees wide apart, the legs bent, and bring your feet together. Point the feet toward the ceiling and raise your thighs off the floor as high as you can. Lower your thighs back to the floor and repeat the exercise for 60 seconds.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this at-home thigh toning circuit:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …