Sometimes all you have time for is a quick workout that you can do at home with minimal equipment. This 20-Minute Abs & Chest Circuit is perfect for that. It challenges several muscle groups in just a few minutes and helps maintain weight loss.
20-Minute Abs & Chest Circuit
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
20-Minute Abs & Chest Circuit Instructions
1. Chest press punch up: 60 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent, your back flat and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Squeeze your abs, lift your right shoulder off the floor and punch up with your right arm. Lower your arm to the starting position and repeat with the left arm.
2. Crunch chop: 60 seconds. While on your back, extend your arms above your head, clasp your hands and raise the legs toward the ceiling. Lift your shoulders, open the legs and chop your hands through your legs. Return to the starting position and repeat for 60 seconds.
3. Pulse ups: 60 seconds. Lift your legs and place your hands under your tailbone. Lift your hips and hold. Lower your hips and return to the starting position.
4. Ankle tap push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a push up position, bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor. As you push back to the starting position, lift your hips, and touch your left ankle with your right hand. Return to the push up position and repeat on the opposite side.
5. Dumbbell pullover leg raise: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Extend your right leg, and lower the dumbbell back and over your head. Raise your right leg toward the ceiling, and pull the dumbbell up and over the chest. Lower the dumbbell and your right leg back to the initial position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
From the Shop
6. Alternate heel touchers: 60 seconds. While on your back, keep your knees bent, arms at the sides, and keep your back and feet flat on the mat. Crunch forward and to the left, touching your left heel with your left hand and hold. Return slowly to the starting position and repeat the movement on the right side.
7. Around the worlds: 60 seconds. Grab a set of dumbbells, keep your arms by your sides, back flat and the palms of your hands facing the ceiling. Pull your arms away from the body in a semi-circular movement, and bring the dumbbells over your head. Reverse the movement to return to the starting position, and repeat.
8. Hindu push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a downward dog pose, bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor, going into low plank pose. Straighten your arms, lift your torso and go into upward dog pose. Lower your torso, lift your hips and return to downward dog pose. Repeat for 45 seconds.
9. Chest press with legs extended: 60 seconds. Lie on your back, holding a dumbbell in each hand, and raise your legs to a 45 degree angle. Push the dumbbells up toward the ceiling, with your palms facing your feet and your arms directly above your shoulders. Bend your elbows, lower your arms and repeat.
10. Oblique v crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your right side with your legs fully extended and your left hand behind your head. Raise both legs and your torso simultaneously, try touching your left knee with your left elbow and squeeze the abs. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 20-minute abs and chest circuit:
Luckily, there are lots of non-surgical, natural alternatives to a tummy tuck, and these six exercises will help you burn fat, build muscle, and …
10 minutes is all you need to burn fat and get tight, toned, gorgeous thighs! This Inner & Outer Thigh Quick Burn includes 6 of the best lower body …