Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you, then this 16-Minute Glute Activation Circuit is going to wake up all three major muscles in your bum, the gluteus maximus, medius, and minimus, so that they actually perform during your butt workout sessions!
16-Minute Glute Activation Circuit
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: dumbbells, resistance band
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
16-Minute Glute Activation Circuit Instructions
1. Band kickback: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a resistance band around both ankles, position your feet hip-width apart with your right foot a few inches behind the left. Transfer your weight to the left leg and kick back with your right leg. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch leg positions.
2. Resistance band clamshell: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your side with your knees slightly bent, one leg on top of the other and place the resistance band around both thighs. Keep your feet together and lift your top knee. Lower your knee back to the initial position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
3. Lateral band walk: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up and place the resistance band right above your knees. Squat down into an athletic stance and take a step to the left. Keep taking small steps to the left and then repeat on the right side.
4. Band donkey kicks: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on all fours, wrap the resistance band around your left foot and grab the other end of the band with both hands. Kick back with your left leg and squeeze the glutes. Bend the knee, lower the leg and repeat this movement for 30 seconds. Switch legs and repeat.
From the Shop
5. Band reverse plank: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your legs extended, place the band around your waist, extend your arms back with your fingers facing the body, and secure the band under your hands. Lift your butt off the mat and squeeze the glutes. Lower the hips to return to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
6. Squat band hip abduction: 45 seconds. Stand up, place the resistance band around both ankles, and squat. As you stand up, switch your weight to the left leg and raise your right leg out to the side. Return to the squat position and then repeat with the left leg.
7. Weighted donkey kicks: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, with your hands under your shoulders and your knees under your hips, and place a dumbbell behind your right knee. Flex your right foot, lift your right leg up, keeping the knee bent at a 90 degree angle, and squeeze the glutes. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and switch legs.
8. Booty squeeze: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place the dumbbell behind your right knee, flex your right foot, and raise your leg out to the side until the knee is parallel to the floor. Bring your right foot toward the left glute and squeeze the glutes. Bring your right knee back to the initial position and repeat for 30 seconds. Switch legs.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 16-minute glute activation circuit:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you …
Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow. Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself …