If you’re trying to burn serious calories in a short period of time while also working your whole body, then this circuit is right up your alley. A set of dumbbells is all you need to complete this 15-minute whole body dumbbell complex. Give it all you got, and remember that every workout counts. Once you’re done, you’ll be one step closer to your goals!
15-Minute Whole Body Dumbbell Complex
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
15-Minute Whole Body Dumbbell Complex Instructions
1. Dumbbell swing: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your toes pointed slightly outward, and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Squat and bring the dumbbell between your legs. Stand up and swing the dumbbell up to about chest height. Return to the squat position and repeat.
2. Plank straight arm kickback: 45 seconds. Get into plank position and lift one arm up and back, keeping it straight. Lower your arm to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and switch sides.
3. Lunge punch: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing each other. Take a step back with your left leg, flex your knees and push your left arm out in a punching motion. Stand back up, switch legs and repeat.
4. V sit curl press: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat and raise your legs to a 45-degree angle. Squeeze the biceps, lift the dumbbells and curl. Rotate your palms to the front, push the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms. Lower your arms back to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
5. Wood chop: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold one dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to the right and raise the dumbbell until it’s over the right shoulder. Squat as you rotate your torso to the left and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your left hip. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
6. Side lunge front raise: 60 seconds. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Step out to the side with your right leg, lunge and lift the dumbbells until your arms are slightly above parallel to the floor. Use your left foot to push you back to the starting position and slowly lower the arms. Step out to the side with your left leg and repeat. Keep alternating legs until the set is complete.
7. Plank row leg raise: 60 seconds. Get into a plank position, pull the right dumbbell toward your waistline, squeeze the shoulder blades and then repeat on the left side. Lift your right leg as high as you can without arching your back, hold for one second and then repeat with the left leg. Keep alternating sides for 60 seconds.
8. Split squat curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a split leg position, with one leg forward and one leg back. Flex your knees, until the back knee is just above the floor, squeeze your biceps and curl. Stand back up, slowly lower the arms, and return to the starting position. Repeat this movement for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 15-minute whole body dumbbell complex:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you …
Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow. Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself …