Who’s ready to burn major calories while toning your whole upper body?! This quick 15-minute Upper Body Split Workout targets your arms, shoulders, upper back, and chest and helps you burn tons of calories. And like all our workouts, it’s quick, intense, and doesn’t require much room. Perfect for all the busy girls out there!
15-Minute Upper Body Split Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: dumbbells, bench
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
15-Minute Upper Body Split Workout Instructions
1. Pike push up: 60 seconds. Place your hands on floor, straighten your legs and push your hips up. Bend your elbows, until your arms form a 90 degree angle, and bring your head close to the mat. Straighten your elbows, pushing your body away from the mat, and return to the starting position. Repeat for 60 seconds.
2. Concentration curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit on a bench holding a dumbbell in your left hand, and rest your elbow on the inside of your left thigh. Squeeze the left biceps and bring the dumbbell toward your chest. Lower the left arm to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch arms.
3. Tricep dips: 60 seconds. Place your hands behind you onto a chair, so that your fingers face forward. Extend your legs and start bending your elbows. Lower your body until your arms are at a 90-degree angle. Lift your body back and repeat.
4. Bent over row press: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Grab a dumbbell with your right hand, place your left foot forward and your right foot back, bend your left knee and lean your torso forward. Pull the dumbbell toward your waistline, while squeezing your shoulder blades. Push the dumbbell up and fully extend your arm. Slowly lower the weight to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
From the Shop
6. Inchworm: 45 seconds. Stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend over and touch the floor with the palms of your hands. Walk your hands out, as far as you can while keeping your legs straight, and pause. Walk back up to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
7. Speed bag punches: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your knees slightly bent, raise your elbows to shoulder level and keep your hands at eye level. Shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Then shift your weight to the left leg and rotate your left forearm twice. Keep switching sides until the set is complete.
8. Ankle tap push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a push up position, bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor. As you push back to the starting position, lift your hips, and touch your left ankle with your right hand. Return to the push up position and repeat on the opposite side. Keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 15-minute upper body split workout:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you …
Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow. Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself …