Advanced techniques like supersets are a form of strength training, in which you train a muscle group and then move quickly to train the opposing muscle group without taking a break. These techniques are used to improve muscular endurance and boost the intensity of a workout. So if you want to keep making progress and shock your body to prevent a plateau, switch things up with this 15-Minute Quad & Hamstring Superset.
15-Minute Quad & Hamstring Superset
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: dumbbells, box/step
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
15-Minute Quad & Hamstring Superset Instructions
1. Good mornings: 60 seconds. Stand up tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and place your hands behind the head. Start bending at the hips, push your hips back and bend over to near parallel. Return to the starting position and repeat.
2. Frog jumps: 45 seconds. Sit back with your feet in a wide stance and with the toes turned out at an angle. Jump forward and up, land on your toes and squat. Jump back and return to the starting position. Repeat this back and forth movement for 45 seconds.
3. Heel beats: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended, hands under your chin and raise your legs a few inches off the floor. Beat your heels together until the set is complete.
4. Bear squat: 45 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, then straighten your legs and lift your hips toward the ceiling. Return to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
5. Single leg deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on one leg with your knee slightly bent and hold a dumbbell in each hand.Start bending at the hips and extend your free leg behind you. Lower your torso until you’re parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg.
6. Bulgarian split squat: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a step or a box behind you and stand up tall. Position your right foot on top of the step, bend your knees and lower the hips until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Return to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
7. Pilates grasshopper: 60 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your hands under your chin, your knees wide apart, the legs bent, and bring your feet together. Point the feet toward the ceiling and raise your thighs off the floor as high as you can. Lower your thighs back to the floor and repeat the exercise for 60 seconds.
8. Wall sit: 45 seconds. Start in a squat position, with your thighs parallel to the floor and your back against a wall. Hold this position for 45 seconds.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 15-minute quad and hamstring superset:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …