A workout that tones your chest and also helps define your midsection in the process! Um … yes, please! This 15-Minute Chest & Core Workout was designed to create not only greater strength gains but also improved functional fitness. Your chest muscles help push and lift the weights while your entire core works to counteract these moving forces!
15-Minute Chest & Core Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
15-Minute Chest & Core Workout Instructions
1. Ankle tap push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a push up position, with your hands under your shoulders and your legs extended back. Start bending your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor. As you push back to the starting position, lift your hips, and touch your left ankle with your right hand. Return to the push up position and repeat on the opposite side. Keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
2. Chest press legs extended: 45 seconds. Lie on your back, holding a dumbbell in each hand, and raise your legs to a 45 degree angle. Push the dumbbells up toward the ceiling, with your palms facing your feet and your arms directly above your shoulders. Bend your elbows, lower your arms and repeat the movement for 45 seconds.
3. Standing y raise: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the dumbbells with your palms facing the hips. Raise the dumbbells above your head, with your palms facing each other, and form a Y with your body. Lower the dumbbells to the starting position and repeat.
4. Dumbbell plank rotation: 45 seconds. Get into a plank position, twist your torso and lift your left hand toward the ceiling. Bring your left hand back to the initial position and repeat on the right side.
From the Shop
5. Dumbbell pullover leg raise: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Extend your right leg, and lower the dumbbell back and over your head. Raise your right leg toward the ceiling, and pull the dumbbell up and over the chest. Lower the dumbbell and your right leg back to the initial position, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
6. Chest fly: 60 seconds. Lie down on the mat with a dumbbell in each hand, your arms up and the palms of your hands facing each other. With your elbows slightly bent, lower your arms out to sides until you feel a stretch in your chest muscles. Return to the starting position and repeat for 60 seconds.
7. Spiderman push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a plank position, bend your elbows and, at the same time, bring your left knee to the left shoulder. Push up and return to the starting position. Repeat on the right side and keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
8. Chest press punch up: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent, your back flat and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Squeeze your abs, lift your right shoulder off the floor and punch up with your right arm. Lower your arm to the starting position and repeat with the left arm.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 15-minute chest and core workout:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …