Supersets are an efficient way of getting the most out of your gym time while still getting enough recovery, and 15 minutes is all you need to complete this Biceps & Triceps Superset. By working the biceps while you rest the triceps and vice-versa, you maximize workout efficiency and get major upper arm definition!
15-Minute Biceps & Triceps Superset
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
Equipment: dumbbells, bench
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
15-Minute Biceps & Triceps Superset Instructions
1. Concentration curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit on a bench holding a dumbbell in your left hand and rest your elbow on the inside of your left thigh. Squeeze the left biceps and bring the dumbbell toward your chest. Lower the left arm to the starting position, repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch arms.
2. Lying tricep extension: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Extend your arms and position the dumbbells directly above your shoulders. Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbells down until they’re close to your ears. Lift the dumbbells back up and repeat for 45 seconds.
3. Hammer curls: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold the weights with your palms facing your thighs. Bend your elbows and bring the weights up, until the dumbbells are at shoulder level. Pause and then lower the dumbbells back to the starting position. Repeat this move until the set is complete.
4. Tricep dips: 45 seconds. Place your hands behind you onto a chair, so that your fingers face forward. Extend your legs and start bending your elbows. Lower your body until your arms are at a 90-degree angle. Lift your body back up until your arms are straight. Repeat for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
5. Bicep curls: 45 seconds. Stand with a dumbbell in each hand, your feet shoulder-width apart, and hands by your sides. Squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells. Once the dumbbells are at shoulder level, slowly lower the arms to the starting position. Repeat for 45 seconds.
6. One arm tricep push up: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Lie on your right side with your feet, hips and shoulders stacked. Place your left palm on the mat in front of your right shoulder, and hug your waist with your right arm. Straighten your left arm and push your torso up. Bend your arm and lower your torso back to the mat. Repeat for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
7. Standing cross chest curl: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Squeeze the left biceps and bring the dumbbell across your body and toward your right shoulder. Lower the arm to the starting position, repeat with the opposite arm and keep alternating sides for 45 seconds.
8. One arm triceps kickback: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Grab a dumbbell with your right hand, place your left foot forward and your right foot back, bend your left knee and lean your torso forward. Raise your right elbow back, so that the upper arm is almost parallel to the floor, and kick back until your arm is fully extended. Slowly lower the dumbbell back to the starting position. Repeat for 30 seconds and switch sides.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 15-minute biceps and triceps superset:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …