Try this 15-Minute Back and Chest Circuit today to tone your muscles and get a stronger and leaner upper body!
Working antagonistic muscle pairs such as the back and chest on the same day means that as one muscle contracts or flexes, the other muscle relaxes or lengthens. When you squeeze your shoulder blades, your chest stretches out wide. Similarly, when you flex your chest, your back lengthens.
This type of training works extremely well, saves you time and you can even do exercises like the dumbbell pullover that train both chest and back muscles.
15-Minute Back & Chest Circuit
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
15-Minute Back & Chest Circuit Instructions
1. Superman twist: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended, arms bent and hands behind the ears. Lift and twist your upper torso to the side and pause for 2 seconds. Return to the starting position and repeat, twisting your torso to the opposite side.
2. Elbow squeeze shoulder press: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, hold a dumbbell in each hand, and raise the dumbbells until your upper arms are parallel to the floor and your elbows are directly under the wrists. Bring the elbows and forearms toward the midline of the body and then return to the starting position. Push the dumbbells up and fully extend your arms. Return to the starting position and repeat for 60 seconds.
3. Dumbbell chest press: 60 seconds. Lie down on your back with your knees bent and a dumbbell in each hand. Push the dumbbells up toward the ceiling so that your arms are directly over your shoulders and your palms are facing your feet. Lower your arms and repeat the movement.
4. Cobra lat pulldown: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs and your arms fully extended. Raise your upper body, bend your arms and bring your shoulder blades together. Lower your upper body and extend your arms. Repeat the movement for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
5. Knee and elbow press up: 45 seconds. Start with your knees and elbows on the floor, with the elbows under the shoulders and the knees under the hips. Straighten your arms and legs simultaneously and lift the hips toward the ceiling. Return to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
6. Dumbbell pullover: 60 seconds. Lie down on your back with your knees bent, press your arms up and keep your hands together with the palms facing each other. Lower the dumbbells over and beyond your head until your upper arms are in line with your torso. Pull the dumbbells up and over your chest and repeat.
7. Bird dogs: 60 seconds. Start on your hands and knees with the hands under the shoulders and the knees under the hips. Extend one leg and the opposite arm at the same time. Pause for 3 to 5 seconds, return to the starting position and switch sides. Continue alternating sides for 60 seconds.
8. Hindu push ups: 45 seconds. Start in a downward dog pose, with your hands shoulder-width apart, your body in a V shape, and your feet hip-width apart. Bend your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor, going into low plank pose. Straighten your arms, lift your torso and go into upward dog pose. Lower your torso, lift your hips and return to downward dog pose. Repeat until the set is complete.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 15-minute back and chest circuit:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is you …
Awaken the body and prepare for a workout with this energizing yoga warm up flow. Repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, give yourself …