Just because you don’t regularly see your back muscles, that doesn’t mean you should neglect them. Your body is a well-oiled machine, and neglecting certain muscle groups can create imbalances that may eventually lead to injury. So squeeze this 15-minute Back & Booty Workout into your schedule, and train a powerful and injury-resistant body!
15-Minute Back & Booty Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
15-Minute Back & Booty Workout Instructions
1. Deadlift upright row: 45 seconds. Stand up with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a set of dumbbells in front of your thighs. Push your hips back and lower the dumbbells until your torso is parallel to the floor. Stand up and pull the dumbbells toward your chest, keeping your arms a little wider than shoulder-width apart.
2. Donkey kick twist: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees and place your right hand behind your head. Extend your left leg to the back and rotate your torso to the right. Bend your left leg, bring your right elbow toward your left knee, and crunch. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
3. Lawnmower pull: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in your left hand. Squat as you rotate your torso to the right and bring the dumbbell toward your right foot. Stand up, rotate your torso slightly to the left and raise the dumbbell until it’s close to your left shoulder. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
4. Crab toe touches: 45 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent, feet together and place your hands behind you. Lift your hips off the mat, kick your right leg up and touch your right foot with your left hand. Place your right foot on the mat, kick your left leg up and touch your left foot with your right hand. Keep alternating legs for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
5. Wood chop: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Rotate your torso to the right and raise the dumbbell until it’s over the right shoulder. Squat as you rotate your torso to the left and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your left hip. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
6. Pilates swimming: 45 seconds. Lie on your belly with your arms and legs fully extended. Raise both arms and legs off the mat and lift your head and chest. Flutter your arms and legs and keep alternating sides for the entire duration of the set.
7. Basketball shots: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and the toes pointing slightly outward. Bend your knees, press your hips back, and take both hands close to your right foot. Jump up and extend your arms above your head and to the left. Land with your knees slightly bent and go back into the squat position.
8. Downward dog crunch: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in downward dog pose with your arms and legs straight and your hips up and back. Bring your right knee close to your right elbow and crunch. Extend your right leg up and to the back. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 15-minute back and booty workout:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …