If your goal is to improve your overall fitness level by boosting your strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance, doing compound exercises that feature multijoint movements and involve more than a single muscle group can be extremely effective. This 15-minute arms and thighs workout combines two body parts in one quick routine to help you experience the maximum benefits from a limited amount of exercise time!
15-Minute Arms & Thighs Workout
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
15-Minute Arms & Thighs Workout Instructions
1. Squat with overhead tricep extension: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart and raise your arms up and over your head. Squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor, and lower the dumbbells to the floor. Stand up, lift the dumbbells over your head, bend your elbows and lower the dumbbells to the back. Repeat until the set is complete.
2. Split squat curl: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start in a split leg position, with one leg forward and one leg back. Flex your knees, until the back knee is just above the floor, squeeze your biceps and curl. Stand back up, slowly lower the arms, and return to the starting position. Repeat this movement for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
3. Speed bag punches: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your knees slightly bent, raise your elbows to shoulder level and keep your hands at eye level. Shift your weight to the right leg and rotate your right forearm twice. Then shift your weight to the left leg and rotate your left forearm twice. Keep switching sides until the set is complete.
4. Single leg tricep dips: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Sit on the mat with your knees bent, feet together and place your hands behind you. Lift your hips off the mat, raise your right leg and start bending your elbows. Lower your body until your glutes are almost touching the mat and then lift the hips back up by extending your arms. Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch legs.
From the Shop
5. Squat curl: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Bend your knees, press your hips back, squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells. Press your heels into the floor to return to the initial position, and slowly lower the arms. Repeat for 60 seconds.
6. Scissor skier: 45 seconds. Stand tall with your feet together, arms by your sides and your palms facing your hips. Jump up, bring your right leg forward, your left leg back, and reach your left arm up and your right arm back. Jump again and switch your legs and arms. Continue switching until set is complete.
7. Side lunge curl: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Step out to the side with your left leg, lunge and extend your arms down. Use your right foot to push you back to the starting position, squeeze the biceps and lift the dumbbells. Step out to the side with your right leg and repeat. Keep alternating legs for 45 seconds.
8. Lunge punch: 45 seconds. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and position the dumbbells at shoulder height with your palms facing each other. Take a step back with your left leg, flex your knees and push your left arm out in a punching motion. Stand back up, switch legs and repeat.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this 15-minute arms and thighs workout:
Did you know that dormant or inactive glutes are probably the main reason why most people struggle to grow their booty? If this is …
Increase your stamina and endurance with this intense bodyweight fat burner routine for women. A 30-minute full body workout, perfect for burning a ton of …