Optimize your performance and improve your flexibility with this dynamic full body warm up routine. A 10-minute circuit that will increase body temperature, promote blood flow and prepare your heart for more work.
10 MINUTE DYNAMIC FULL BODY WARM UP
FULL BODY WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Run in place: 90 seconds. Stand straight, open your chest, pull your knees up and slowly land on the balls of your feet.
2. Jumping jacks: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet together and your hands by your sides. Jump up, spread your feet and bring both hands together above your head. Jump again and return to the starting position.
3. Mountain climbers: 60 seconds. Start on your hands and knees, bring one knee up toward the center of your stomach, and then quickly alternate between legs.
4. Cross jacks: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, your arms up and extended out to the sides, and jump up, while crossing your legs and arms in front of you.
5. Basketball shots: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Bend your knees, press your hips back, and take both hands close to your right foot. Jump up and extend your arms above your head and to the left. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
6. Skaters: 60 seconds. Jump to the right, bring your left foot behind you and bring your left arm in front of you. Jump to the left and bring your right arm in front of you and your right foot behind you. Repeat this back and forth movement for 60 seconds.
7. Scissor skier: 60 seconds. Jump up, bring your right leg forward, your left leg back, reach your left arm up and your right arm back. Jump again and switch sides.
8. Side shuffle: 60 seconds. Start in an athletic position, with your knees slightly bent and your hips back. Take a few quick steps to the right and then touch your right foot. Repeat on the left side.
9. Arm swings: 30 seconds. Stand with your knees slightly bent, your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms stretched horizontally to the sides. Cross your arms at the front and then quickly bring them back as far as you can.
10. Hip circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with small circles and keep your hips level with the floor.
WORKOUT AND STATIC STRETCHES
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this dynamic full body warm up: