Doing this 10-Minute Core & Cardio Warm Up before a core workout helps activate your central nervous system and maximizes your performance.
The improvement in blood and oxygen circulation and the increase in body temperature also helps prepare the muscles for more strenuous activities.
10-Minute Core & Cardio Warm Up
Description: Repeat this circuit 1 time.
Equipment: jump rope
10-Minute Core & Cardio Warm Up Instructions
1. Jump rope: 90 seconds. Keep your knees slightly bent and jump on the balls of your feet.
2. High knees: 60 seconds. Land slowly on the balls of your feet and keep your core tight.
3. Jumping jacks: 30 seconds. Jump up, spread your feet and bring both hands together above your head. Jump again and return to the starting position.
4. Mountain climbers: 30 seconds. Maintain a plank position during the entire exercise, keeping your core engaged and your hips low.
5. Criss cross crunches: 60 seconds. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands behind your head. Bend your right leg and lift your knee as high as you can. Rotate your torso to the right and bring your right knee to your left elbow. Repeat on the opposite side and keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
From the Shop
6. Standing side crunch: 60 seconds. Shift your weight to the right leg, crunch to the left side and bring your left knee up toward your elbow. Switch legs and repeat.
7. Alternating side lunge: 60 seconds. Step out to the side with your left leg and keep your right leg straight. Touch your left foot with your right hand and repeat the movement on the right side.
8. Squat kickback: 90 seconds. Squat and, as you stand up, transfer your weight to one leg and kick back with the opposite leg.
9. Hip circles: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Start with small circles and keep your hips level with the floor.
10. Bent over twist: 60 seconds. Bend and rotate your torso, touching each foot with the opposite hand.
Workout Routine Interval Timer
Calorie CalculatorEnter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing this core warm up routine:
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …