Go from one exercise right into the other, spur new muscle growth, and improve your fitness with this 10-Minute Back & Chest Superset. We’ve paired exercises that work two complementary muscle groups, the back and chest, for the ultimate upper body workout!
10-Minute Back & Chest Superset
Description: Repeat this circuit 2 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
WARM UP & COOL DOWN
10-Minute Back & Chest Superset Instructions
1. Around the worlds: 45 seconds. Lie on your back holding a dumbbell in each hand, your arms by your sides and the palms of your hands facing the ceiling. Pull your arms away from the body in a semi-circular movement, and bring the dumbbells over your head. Reverse the movement to return to the starting position, and repeat.
2. Pilates swimming: 45 seconds. Lie on your belly with your arms and legs fully extended. Raise both arms and legs off the mat and lift your head and chest. Flutter your arms and legs and keep alternating sides for the entire duration of the set.
3. Chest press punch up: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your knees bent, your back flat and hold a dumbbell in each hand. Squeeze your abs, lift your right shoulder off the floor and punch up with your right arm. Lower your arm to the starting position and repeat with the left arm. Keep alternating arms for 45 seconds.
From the Shop
4. Donkey kick twist: 20 seconds + 20 seconds. Start on your hands and knees, extend your left leg to the back and rotate your torso to the right. Bend your left leg, bring your right elbow toward your left knee, and crunch. Repeat for 20 seconds, then switch sides.
5. Staggered arm knee push up: 45 seconds. Kneel with your hands staggered, one hand being higher than the other and slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Start bending your elbows and lower your chest until it’s just above the floor. Pause, push back up, reverse hand position, and repeat.
6. Prone back extension: 45 seconds. Lie on your stomach with your legs fully extended and your arms extended back. Engage your back muscles and lift your torso. Pause for 2 seconds, then return to the starting position and repeat.