Hit muscles you never knew you had and build a firm, perky tush with these 10 butt exercises for women. Repeat this series three times to lift, tone and tighten your backside just in time for summer!
BUTT EXERCISES FOR WOMEN WORKOUT
BEACH READY TUSH WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS
Start this beach ready tush workout with a thorough lower body warm up.
Repeat this circuit 3 times and rest for 60 seconds between sets.
1. Gate swings: 45 seconds. Start in a sumo squat position and jump up, crossing your legs. Jump again and return to the sumo squat position.
2. Donkey kicks: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on all fours, kick back with your right leg and squeeze the glutes. Bend the knee, lower the leg and repeat.
3. Side lunge to curtsy lunge: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand up and step out to the side with your left leg. As you come back up take your left leg and cross it behind the right. Repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
4. Single leg deadlift: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Stand on one leg and start bending at the hips. Lower your upper body until you’re parallel to the floor and extend your free leg behind you.
5. Step up with knee raise: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Place a box or a step in front of you and stand up straight. Step onto the box with your left leg and drive your right knee up. Step down, repeat for 30 seconds and then switch legs.
6. Dumbbell swing: 45 seconds. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell with both hands. Squat and bring the dumbbell between your legs. Stand up and swing the dumbbell up to about chest height.
7. Booty squeeze: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees, place a dumbbell behind your right knee, and raise your leg out to the side. Bring your right foot toward the left glute and squeeze. Return to the initial position, repeat for 30 seconds and switch legs.
8. Wall bridge: 45 seconds. Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and plant the soles of your feet on a wall. Squeeze your glutes and raise your hips as high as you can. Return to the starting position and repeat for 45 seconds.
9. Fire hydrant: 30 seconds + 30 seconds. Get down on your hands and knees and raise one leg out to the side until it’s level with your hip. Lower it back down and repeat.
10. Plank leg lifts: 45 seconds. Start in a low plank position, lift your left leg to a 45-degree angle and hold for a count of 2. Switch legs and repeat.
Finish this beach ready tush workout with a lower body stretching routine.
Enter your weight to find out how many calories you can burn doing these butt exercises for women: