WARRIOR I POSE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Start in mountain pose, step back with your left foot and rotate your back toes, so that they point to the left front corner of the mat.
2. Bend your right knee, keeping it in line with the ankle, and point the toes straight ahead.
3. Bring the arms up and overhead with the palms facing inward.
4. Hold the pose for 30 seconds and then return to mountain pose.
5. Repeat on the opposite side.
Ground your feet, keep your shoulders, chest and pelvis facing forward and don’t allow the front knee to pass the ankle. Raise your arms, open the shoulders and look up toward the thumbs, being careful not to drop your head back. Draw the shoulder blades together and down the back, and create length by drawing the sacrum down.
VIRABDHADRASANA I BENEFITS
The warrior I opens the chest and shoulders, and strengthens the legs and back muscles. This pose helps to improve your flexibility, balance, and tones the abdominal muscles.
Ankle, knee, hip, shoulder or neck injury, high blood pressure and heart problems.