Primary muscles: Abs, obliques
Secondary muscles: Lower back, glutes, hip flexors, quads
Equipment: No equipment
V SIT BICYCLES INSTRUCTIONS
1. Lie down with your legs slightly bent.
2. Raise your upper body so that it creates a V shape with your thighs.
3. Twist your torso to the right, bring your right knee close to your left elbow and fully extend the left leg.
4. Return to the starting position and then crunch to the opposite side.
5. Keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
PROPER FORM AND BREATHING PATTERN
Keep your back straight and your neck relaxed at all times, engage your core and twist your torso only from the ribs up. Breathe out as you twist the torso and maintain a steady rhythm throughout the entire exercise.
The v sit bicycles engages your whole core and strengthens your abs, obliques, and lower back. This exercise tightens the abdominal wall, helps define the waist and, because it keeps your body moving constantly, boosts your heart rate and burns more calories.
SETS AND REPS
To calculate the number of calories burned doing v sit bicycles, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise: