Primary muscles: Abs, glutes, hip flexors, hamstrings, quads
Secondary muscles: Chest, arms, shoulders
Equipment: No equipment
Surfer Burpees Instructions
1. Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Squat and place both hands in front of you, just on the outside of your feet.
3. Jump back until your legs are fully extended and your body is in plank position.
4. Do a push up and then jump to your left side, landing with both feet inside the mat, as if you were on a surfboard.
5. Jump back into plank position, and then repeat on the right side.
6. Keep alternating sides until the set is complete.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Focus on your form and keep your core tight at all times. Be careful not to arch your back and maintain a smooth and steady breathing pattern.
From the Shop
Surfer burpees are a great full body exercise that boosts your heart rate and improves strength, mobility, explosiveness, and flexibility. This exercise works all major muscle groups, and it’s one of the best calorie-burning moves you can do.
Surfer Burpees Demonstration
Sets And Reps
If you’re a beginner start with squat thrusts, or simply jump with one leg at a time. For a great fat-burning boost, add 3 to 5 sets of 10 to 12 surfer burpees to your regular workout routine.
To calculate the number of calories burned doing surfer burpees, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Full Body Exercises
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …