Primary muscles: Glutes, hips, thighs
Secondary muscles: Lower back, core, calves
Equipment: No equipment
Single Leg Squat Kickback Instructions
1. Start with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width apart, transfer your weight to your right leg and lift your left foot off the floor.
2. Bend your right knee, lower your hips back and squat.
3. Stand up, then kick your left leg back.
4. Lower your left foot to a few inches off the floor and repeat for the duration of the set.
5. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Maintain your core tight, back straight, hips back and keep your toes pointed. Inhale as you squat, and exhale as you kick your leg back and squeeze the glutes.
From the Shop
The single leg squat kickback is an advanced version of the squat kickback, that works your glutes and thighs to an even greater degree. This exercise also challenges and strengthens the core and improves your stability and balance.
Single Leg Squat Kickback Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the single leg squat kickback, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Lower Body Exercises
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …