Primary muscles: Obliques, abs
Secondary muscles: Core, back, legs
Equipment: No equipment
SINGLE LEG SIDE CRUNCH INSTRUCTIONS
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and with your hands by your sides.
2. Shift your weight to the left leg, lift your right arm up and raise your right leg a few inches off the floor.
3. Crunch by bringing your right knee up toward your elbow.
4. Extend your right leg and right arm and repeat for the duration of the set.
5. Switch legs and repeat on the opposite side.
PROPER FORM AND BREATHING PATTERN
Keep your core engaged, maintain your spine and neck neutral and lift your chest. Exhale as you crunch and try not to bend your spine forward nor swing your hips back and forth.
The single leg side crunch targets the oblique muscles and is a great exercise to help tighten the side ab wall. This move also improves your core balance and stability, boosts your heart rate and increases muscle strength.
SETS AND REPS
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the single leg side crunch, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise: