Primary muscles: Inner thighs, glutes, quads, hamstrings
Secondary muscles: Calves, outer thighs, core
Equipment: No equipment
Side Lunge To Curtsy Lunge Instructions
1. Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart.
2. Step out to the side with your right leg and lunge.
3. Keeping your weight in the left foot, take a big step back with your right leg, crossing it behind the left.
4. Bend your knees until your left thigh is parallel to the floor, and then step out to the side with your right leg.
5. Repeat for the duration of the set, and switch sides.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Engage your core, face front, maintain your upper body nice and tall, and keep your back straight. Breathe in as you lunge, and keep your knees pointing in the same direction as the feet. Breathe out as you use the lead foot to push you back up.
From the Shop
The side lunge to curtsy lunge adds a lateral movement that is often neglected in more traditional lower body exercises. The lateral movement targets your inner and outer thighs and also helps to strengthen your core, glutes, quads, hamstrings, hips, and calves.
Side Lunge To Curtsy Lunge Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the side lunge to curtsy lunge, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Lower Body Exercises
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …