Primary muscles: Glutes, quads, inner thighs, shoulders
Secondary muscles: Hamstrings, arms, core, chest
Side Lunge Front Raise Instructions
1. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Step out to the side with your right leg, lunge, and lift the dumbbells until your arms are slightly above parallel to the floor.
3. Use your left foot to push you back to the starting position and slowly lower the arms.
4. Step out to the side with your left leg and repeat.
5. Keep alternating legs until the set is complete.
Proper Form And Breathing Pattern
Keep the elbows slightly bent, engage your core, maintain your back straight and your palms facing down. Breathe in as you lunge and lift the dumbbells, and breathe out as you return to the starting position.
From the Shop
The side lunge front raise targets the inner and outer thighs, glutes, quads, the anterior deltoid and the chest. This is a compound move that works several muscles simultaneously, boosts your metabolism and helps you burn extra calories.
Side Lunge Front Raise Demonstration
Sets And Reps
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the side lunge front raise, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise:
Related Full Body Exercises
The secret to burning calories and ultimately losing weight is to maximize the efficiency of your energy systems. This 20-Minute Metabolism …
Work your legs and booty from all angles with this 29-minute bodyweight workout. A lower body and cardio routine that will help you sculpt long and lean muscles and burn off body fat …