Primary muscles: Glutes, quads, inner thighs, shoulders
Secondary muscles: Hamstrings, arms, core, chest
SIDE LUNGE FRONT RAISE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
2. Step out to the side with your right leg, lunge and lift the dumbbells until your arms are slightly above parallel to the floor.
3. Use your left foot to push you back to the starting position and slowly lower the arms.
4. Step out to the side with your left leg and repeat.
5. Keep alternating legs until the set is complete.
PROPER FORM AND BREATHING PATTERN
Keep the elbows slightly bent, engage your core, maintain your back straight and your palms facing down. Breathe in as you lunge and lift the dumbbells, and breathe out as you return to the starting position.
The side lunge front raise targets the inner and outer thighs, glutes, quads, the anterior deltoid and the chest. This is a compound move that works several muscles simultaneously, boosts your metabolism and helps you burn extra calories.
SETS AND REPS
To calculate the number of calories burned doing the side lunge front raise, enter your weight and the duration of the exercise: